Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Police Seize Rental Truck With TNT Traces in Washington State

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGM73k5, May 13, 2002.

1. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've got family in the Puget Sound area so this hit a little close to home. I figured any of you guys up in that area might be interested in hearing about it.

[utl]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,52681,00.html[/url]

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

A Budget truck was pulled over in Oak Harbor, Washington last Tuesday near the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station and found to have traces of TNT on the gearshift and traces of RDX plastic explosive on the steering wheel, Fox News has learned.

The FBI, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and local police are all investigating.

Shortly after midnight on May 7, federal officials say local police pulled the vehicle over for speeding. Documents read to Fox News indicate that the driver and passenger told local police they were delivering furniture from California but that authorities doubted the story because of the early morning hour.

A bomb-sniffing dog first detected explosives on one of the men and inside the truck. High tech equipment was used later to confirm the presence of TNT and RDX plastic explosive.

Documents read to Fox News indicate that both driver and passenger were Israeli nationals. Investigators say a roadside check of the national database of immigration records indicated that one of the men had not entered the country legally, and the other was in violation of his visa. Both men were taken into custody for immigration violations.

At 7:30 that morning local police were notified that the BATF and FBI had tested the truck and found traces of explosives on the steering wheel and gear shift.

Officials say no other charges of been filed against the driver and passenger and an investigation is ongoing.

Authorities say records for the Budget truck do not indicate any recent rental for the purposes of transporting explosives, which would require special permits.

<hr></blockquote>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what worries me is where the hell are the explosives now??????????????

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

That'd be my concern as well. From what the story said they had some pretty mean stuff. I hope they figure this out before something bad happens. This stuff is always terrible but it's so damn close this time it's got me a bit spooked.

-Aaron

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

same here i dont like it the news said a while back that the space needle was one of there targets and so was the bridges that crose between washington&amp;oregon /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> It's good to hear that they were stopped, but disturbing not knowing where the explosives went !

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im here in Wa State. Thats pretty scarry but so has all of the other terrorist threats we have had here. Its never ending it seems.

7. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that's only an hour drive south from where I live. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

After seeing how screwed up the INS is on 60 Minutes, I am surprised they could figure out the VISA violations!

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Talk about scary.....there have been rumors of possible attacks on a Nuclear Power Plant near us (which the director of security there thinks should be taken serious) and the government is blowing it all off saying evidence is not sufficent to prove that the sorce is credible.