Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Police Warnings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stockk5, Mar 4, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey everyone, a few days ago i got a warning for having a headlight out in my car. (the wiring was actually loose and i got home hit it and it came back on) The ticket says i have 20 days to have proof of repair by a service shop. Can i just buy a light bulb from napa and send the recepit in with the warning ticket as proof of repair? I dont actually have to go to a repair garage and have them do it for me do i??:confused:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just show the problem is fixed to a Law Enforcement Officer and have him/her sign it and then give it to a magistrate or who ever ya need to. No problem!

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

take a picture with the headlights on and send it with the ticket. maybe hold a newspaper up with the picture (so they can see that the picture was taken after the ticket date wise) and send that in. should be good enough. just make sure your plate is visible in the pic.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

or stop by your friendly auto shop and have them check it and sign off on the ticket.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I know you will have a wounded inner child, but that advice is pretty stupid.....................

Depends on your state, but everywhere where I am familiar with, if you receive a "Fix-it" ticket, Equipment Repair Order or whatever, you are required to fix the problem, then take the vehicle down to wherever, or if you run into a cop on the street; they can check to make sure the violation is fixed and they sign off on it. It is not possible to inspect something if the inspector is not there IN PERSON.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In nashville when we write a ticket we just tell the people to get a receipt from autozone, napa etc.. for the bulb or what ever was wrong and mail it in along with the envelope we provide. There's also a small court fee but its better than paying a full ticket along with the $50 court fee etc... It starts to add up. We just got a new ticket system were you dont have to go to court at all. If you want you can take care of all your tickets by mail, but if you want to go to court you can request to.

7. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Don't know your local laws, but.

I got a headlight "ticket" a few months ago. All I had to do was fix the problem and provide a receipt for the part.

took my car, and my receipt to the local PD and showed an officer, who promptly canceled my ticket.