Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Political Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Muddytazz, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[Rant on]
    Ok, I've had about up to here with this political [censored]. I've been getting at least 4 or 5 pm's a week from CK5 MEMBERS saying I'm an [censored] for who I want to vote for (and no I'm not going to say who that is). Just because I don't see things the same way you do makes me an [censored]....[censored] that [censored].

Personally, I think these political bashing one way or the other is purely childish no matter who you are bashing. I'm really sick of reading it and seeing it on our site. Seems like this forum has gotten worse than the [censored] you see on TV or hear on the radio.
    [/Rant off]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't see anything wrong with expressing one's point of view, but I do belive everyone has a right too vote for whoever they want too. I don't think it's okay too put someone down for who they plan on voting for, but that's just my opinion.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I just avoid all the political threads mostly. I know who I'm voting for and know the other guy is a snake /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    I haven't gotten any PM's. Wonder if it's cause I have a few members on my "Ignore list" /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    That or nobody likes me /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

First off, you should not be getting PM's from anyone about this stuff. It's a free country and every is entitled to their opinion. We don't all agree.

As for the stuff that is being posted, what's wrong with it? This is what is going on right now and a lot of people are up in arms over it. We all don't read all the threads in here cause everything doesn't draw everyone's interest....................

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

A good argument is healthy. Kinda clears the air once in a while. Politics and religion will get a good fight going every time. NO ONE should put up with being singled out via PM's for their opinion on a (mostly) public forum as this. And conversely - NO ONE has the right to berate anyone for their opinion. Unfortunately - it happens. I too sometimes get put off by the political BS that's out there (here?). A longtime friend has stopped talking to me over this campaign. (it's just cause she's tolally wrong about her opinion!! J/K /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif ) She'll get over it in time.

Is this country GREAT or what!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Nobody should give you a hard time about your politics via PM, if they have something to say it should be said publicly in the thread that they don't like.

You should out 'em so we can properly chastise them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nobody should give you a hard time about your politics via PM, if they have something to say it should be said publicly in the thread that they don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I don't think anybody should really be calling you names solely for who you're voting for. There should be other reasons /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

But, this is the lounge, and I totally consider it appropriate to see a lot of threads about current events, especially something like this that applies to all of us in america (presidential election politics, that is). Attack PM's aren't right.

Additionally, the founders of our country considered it important to be able to vote privately (I think, I haven't actually fact-checked that concept, just remember a teacher in elementary telling me that), so who you're voting for is your business, you're not required nor should you be shunned for not revealing it.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Do what I did to a certain member who used PM's as a way to go after me. Post his stuff here and take the fight to him in a public forum. Political discussions are liable to get ugly here and there. This election has us divided like never before, because it is going to decide our country's course during difficult and dangerous times. Therefore, we can all expect to get fired up here and there by differing viewpoints. I would say that if you are really having an issue with politics here, you might stop posting and reading posts involving politics because there is just no way that this is going to go away.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The Democrats has us divided like never before,

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Democrats has us divided like never before,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed it for ya

[/ QUOTE ]
    Good One !! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. firefighter184

Thanks Bubba! The only reason there are "two Americas" is because of the left

12. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been getting at least 4 or 5 pm's a week from CK5 MEMBERS saying I'm an [censored] for who I want to vote for

[/ QUOTE ]

Post up! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I never get pm's, you must like Kerry... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

13. ugly_blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Bubba! The only reason there are "two Americas" is because of the left

[/ QUOTE ]

And because of the ACLU.

14. firefighter184

If you like Kerry , I hate you and you are a bad person and you are the devil and....

I personally think Kerry is a piece of crap just waiting to get flushed, but if he is your guy, that is your right. It is also your right to avoid posts that don't fulfill your political discussion needs.

15. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

You should out 'em so we can properly chastise them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    lets hear who it is, so we can "solve" their little problem. you shouldn't be getting PM"S over this stuff it's a public forum! So, WHO IS IT?

16. ugly_blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    If you like Kerry , I hate you and you are a bad person and you are the devil and....

I personally think Kerry is a piece of crap just waiting to get flushed, but if he is your guy, that is your right. It is also your right to avoid posts that don't fulfill your political discussion needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me? Read under my title /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I think it's Very Cowardly for someone to PM you and slam you for who you are voting for. Instead of replying in a public forum where things can be discussed.

Why not post up their names so we can all call them WANKERS

18. firefighter184

Ugly, I was replying to the original, I just clicked on your's because I am retarded. Woops.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Personally, I think these political bashing one way or the other is purely childish no matter who you are bashing. I'm really sick of reading it and seeing it on our site. Seems like this forum has gotten worse than the [censored] you see on TV or hear on the radio.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Smell that?.... it's FREEDOM /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

John

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I have an entirely different viewpoint. I view PM's kind of like mail. I go to my mailbox and usually find about 80% of what is in it is crap I don't want or have an interest in. I take it and throw it in the recycle bin. If something sparks my interest, I read it. After reading it, I may think the sender has their head up their wazoo. Or, I may agree with it, and then throw it away anyway. Or I might even respond back.

If somebody here sent me a PM telling me I am a moron for my opinions, so what? I would also read it and respond exactly the way I would at home with the metal mailbox. It doesn't cost anything. It doesn't inconvenience anybody beyond some mild discomfort seeing somebody with a very strong opinion other than your own. And, I kind of like the fact that the person has laid their cards on the table. That way I can decide whether or not I should ignore them, engage them in conversation, ignore their public comments or threads, etc. I disagree that a PM is cowardly. No more than somebody sending you a letter in the snail mail expressing their opinion to you is cowardly. If you don't like the letter, you toss it and throw any subsequent letters you get in the garbage. Or, you have a good time and write back. If somebody wants to engage in spirited public debate, that is fine as well. I actually prefer to deal with people that are very up front about who they are. The more info I have on a person, the more I may choose to trust them, or avoid them like the plague. People who get burned on the Internet are those who don't look before they leap....