Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Polititions are lower than............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Nov 16, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Right on, brother!

BTW, I'm running for pres in 2004. Please vote for me!

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Can I be your sec. of Defense? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI like to blow thing's up! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. chevyracing

Ya' know, I should run for office. Man, I can't believe I just said that!!!! Nevermind.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Absolutely! We can completely restructure government to get us out there pulling the trigger and pushing the button ourselves! It's high time the detached ivory towers got to ground level to see real life!

So Sgt, why the anti-politician thread anyway?

6. chevyracing

I am a State Employee. I was just listening to the news. The Governor is cutting jobs and programs for the budget cuts. Fortunately I am a law enforcement officer so my job is safe. It just sickens me when someone who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year will squash a family that makes 20k a year helping children with programs and such. What really gets me is they have to hire several people at around 100k a year to figure out how to save this money. For half a million bucks they figure out how save a couple hundred thousand by laying off 50 people. Rather than reallocate funds from an abundant source they will destroy peoples lives. Enough rant for now. I should know better than to watch the news.

John

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It kills me when job cuts are seen as a solution to tight budgets. It's usually a simple case of not caring about what will happen to the people that will be cut, and not wanting to give up the unnecessary luxury's the job pays for...

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Polititions are lower than............

[/ QUOTE ] The skid marks of the boxers on the bathroom floor.

9. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

I thought is was the intern's that get to "blow" things up? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It's usually a simple case of not caring about what will happen to the people that will be cut, and not wanting to give up the unnecessary luxury's the job pays for

[/ QUOTE ] Actually I think it is a widespread stupidity that causes this to be most administrators' first solution. I see it as a consultant all the time, talking to these MBA guys who couldn't really fix something with a gun to their heads. So the only solution they see is to cut jobs, instead of really reengineer the system or make the staff more productive.

Of course in federal government, the bigger the budget and more people one has the bigger next year's budget (and the superior's paycheck) will be. This is completely counter intuitive to efficient government.

What a racket.