Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poll - dual battery setups - who runs Wrangler and who runs Hellroaring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbinOR, Jun 19, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I already ordered from WranglerNW - as they are 30 minutes from home, and the support they have given me thus far has been exceptional, let alone the quality of the alternator. Got a nice price on the Optima's too. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway, turning a downer into an upper, my 6 year old Die Hard finally died.......hard..........last night. So time for dual Optima's and the WranglerNW Battery Manager setup. I know I could do this a bit cheaper but I want their quality and I trust them, plus they're Oregonians /forums/images/icons/cool.gif . Want to see who is running Wrangler Battery Manager units......... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1024533384BlazzinOR">

Which Dual Battery Setup do you run?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Wrangler NW
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Hellroaring
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Home Brew
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I ran that setup on my Mangler YJ TBI 350 in Wa. It was awsome! I ran one for the aux.'s &amp; stereo sys. and the other for the primary Ign. basics.

Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, the secondary battery will be for the winch and the 700 watt inverter.........looking forward to the security of having that ability to switch and isolate batteries.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Can't give you my opinon on Wrangler cuz never used them. I do however have a Hellroaring Iso/Combiner with remote module. It is a very small unit 2"x3" makes it a brezze to mount. The LED on the module that mounts in the cab can be used as an indacator to wheater or not your altanator is charging like it is suppose too. I like the fact that it is 100% electronic, no manual relays to fry or get gummed up or sticky. Cusotmer service was Awsome! The fist unit I recived in the mail got SMOKED from my mistake and they sent me a new one free of charge!! AWSOME! Thought for sure I just lost 140 bucks! I love the fact I can tell how my chrging system is doing on both batts.
    Anyway I have heard good things about Wrangler too so you can't go wrong with eather setup. The Hellroaring just has fewer points of failure.....
    Good luck

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I agree with Burt4x4.I have the Hellroring unit as well and think it's one quality piece.Customer care is excellent too.I smoked mine(actually a friend did,long story),like Burt I thought I was out the price of the unit but when I called them they gave me one for 60% off and paid for me to send them the old one(they wanted to make sure it wasn't a defective unit.That gives you an idea of thier quality assurance)Her's a pic of the toasted one.
    [​IMG]

Second battery's pos terminal grounded out and caused the small fire.Pic. of what used to be the positive ring terminal.
    [​IMG]

6. Steve at WranglerNW is awesome when it comes to customer support. I have the dual battery set-up in my 2002 Avalanche and love it. It was the one from my 2000 Z71 that I just swapped it over when I traded and it fit perfect with zero mods !!

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Holly SMOKE Bob!!!!!!!!
    You smoked yours way better than I did mine!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    I burned mine up during install /forums/images/icons/frown.gif .
    They paid for mine to be returned also!
    Dang you realy toasted that sucker!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Steve is a great guy. What is really cool is Stan has a K10 diesel pickup.........and you guessed it, he'll probably be a member here soon. Talked to him for quite a while yesterday when I picked the stuff up. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif