Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Poll" np241 with 6 inch lift what rear drive shaft are you running?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Jan 4, 2002.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

\"Poll\" np241 with 6 inch lift what rear drive shaft are you running?

Finished putting on the lift and am trying to figure out what I want to do with the rear driveshaft? Should I just lengthen the stock one and use shims? Get a new cv slip yoke shaft made? Or Bite the bullet and get a SYE kit and 1 ton cv shaft. Was just wondering what everyone else has done and what worked or didn't work for them. This is on my 90 Blazer with a 4" shackle flip and 2" springs (and 1" zero rates to level it out) that will see both on and off pavement with off road being moderate and gradually getting more difficult.Thanks.

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re:

Not in use yet as I'm still under re-construction but I've got a SYE from Jess @ High Angle for my NP 241& will be getting 1350 front & rear CV's from him when the Blazer is ready. My thought is do it right once! That's the way High Angle seems to work too so that's why I'm going with them.

BTW; mine has 6" BDS springs front & rear but I'm fabbing a custom frame too so I may have another inch or two of lift in total.

Good Luck

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re:

I also am getting ready to install a superlift 6" lift on my 89 blazer. I am also installing a corp 14 ff diff. Does anyone know if the difference in axle length from center of housing to center of u-joint will be enough to compensate for the length difference in the rear drive shaft? For now i am going to stay with the slip yoke but once i have the money saved i am going to do the SYE kit with the 1350 cardin shaft from jesse.