Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poll: Possible interest in a Clocking adaptor for a 700R4 to 241 or 208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Aug 28, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have contacted a friend who does machining and asked him if he would make a Clocked adaptor for the 700 to 241. Before he made some I told him I would see how many people might be interested in one.

Also, how much would you guys be willing to pay for one and if he made this I would have him clock it so that the bottom of the t-case is level with the bottom of the frame.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ive already got a prototype sitting here waiting for me to install it. Its one I designed and Az-Kickin made for me. I plan to do a write up on the install of it. It will clock it so the bottom is flat.

I must say its pretty beefy and Bill and Sean did an awesome job on it!

3. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

I would buy one!!! Between my x-member and Tcase I think I have more clearance under my 10bolt! I just bought the truck and it already has scars on the Tcase. Just oreder the rebuilt kit from national drive train so now would be a good time to clock it.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Are we talking about replacing the whole adapter or just a clocking ring between the adapter and case? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'm interested. Idea on price?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just a quick question from an uninformed mind.

Does clocking the case that much hurt the oiling process?

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I would be interested if there are no oiling issues and can be used on a daily driver application. Also, any idea on $$$

Thanks

7. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

i've heard it would only hurt the 208 but that the 241 would not suffer. but that's just what i've heard.

8. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Would like some more info on the oiling process if you clock a NP208 please.

9. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

"outlaw612" Did you install the adaptor clocking ring on your 241 transfer? If so how much did it lift your case and would this be good to do on a DD?

Thanks Jay

10. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

JAy Matt is in the middle of a move so to the best of my knowledge he hasn't had time to install our adapter.

11. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sean

As has been asked before; any idea on price yet? I need one to clock my 241 on my TH400 tranny. Would your prototype be able to handle the different 6-bolt pattern? If yes, how soon could we expect to see it?

Thanks

12. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

"45acpJr" Have you installed the adapter in any other rig? Also do you have anymore info on the adapter and what effect it would have on driveline components?

Thanks
    Jay

13. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Give me a respectable price and tell me that it isn't going to ruin my 208 and I'll be all over it like flies on sh¡t.

My 208 has a couple pieces donated to mother nature. It's not nearly so bad now that my truck is lifted and the front differential case is lower but every time I get high-centered you can see the little "V" the 208 leaves in the ground.

14. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Was looking for one last fall and would still be very interested if the price was reasonable , is it a thin clocking ring or an adapter to replace the cast piece?? a replacement is what i was looking for but the steel piece alone was almost $300 and then my time to machine it!! If a thin ring is there an issue with spline engagement ?? info please!!.......................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

If I get the adaptor made that I am thinking about it will replace the stock adaptor. It would simply take the stock bolt pattern and clock it so the transfer case would be level to the bottom of the frame.

I also asked one of the transmission guys at my work about possible problems from a clocked t-case and he said the only problem a person would have is the t-case blowing fluid out of the vent hose. All a person would need to do to fix that is to run the vent tube to a box and run another vent tube from the box. O yeah and he also said that it would be very unlikely that the case wouldnt hold less fluid because when you clock the case the fill hole ends up at a higher location. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I've thought this whole thing through fairly well and found that there wasn't a chance in hell of making it work without cutting up the floor under the passenger seat and making a new raised pan (same height as the tranny tunnel) under it (could be pretty much completely covered by the seat though.) Then you'll have to have a new front shaft made that could take quite a bit more angle and it would be a few inches longer. For me this would also require a complete exhaust reroute front to rear. I'd also have to get fairly creative on the shift linkage, but that should be the least of my worries. This would definately give me a flat pan, but it would be a hell of a lot more work than just changing the adaptor.... But to answer your question, yes, I would definately consider doing it if the parts were readily available. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im in the process of moving so i havent had the chance to get this done. Im hopeing to have the adapter welded up by this weekend and hopefully intalling the setup then.

This isnt just a ring, but a complete replacement for the stock adapter. Ive talked to a couple of trans/t-case rebuilders and rebuilt mine and i dont think there will be any problems with oiling.

As far as floor clearance, I have a 2" body lift and I dont think it will clear with out "some" body lift, but I hope to be able to better define "some" after the install. Ill take lots of pics and note any and all mods needed to complete this.

Ill try to keep this post updated as I progress. Thanks for all the interest.

BTW, Bill and Sean at Az-Kickin Offroad did an awesome job on the adapter! Thanks Guys!

18. Nike

Nike Registered Member

Friend of mine has a dodge 208 - (208D). It will bolt up to the chevy adapter with only minor modification (one mounting bolt elongated). You also get the advantage of a fixed yoke on the back of the Dodge 208. I have looked at the Dodge 241 (241D), and it appears it may also work. He has not completed the 208D installation in his Blazer yet, but there may be floor board issues. Nike