Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poll: Research for my video project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 22, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Just choose the one that you most often buy parts from, and for those who feel like it, say why it is you buy there; price, service, quality, selection, location, etc...

Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Prefer the little Ma'n Pa salvage yards. But if it's one of those "Gotta be new" parts, I tend to go to the small local partshouse. I avoid crapa if at all posible.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

My vote for "other" was because I usually go to a franchise business called "Parts-Hut Bumper-to-bumper." Not sure if it's just a Mid-west thing though.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I shop at Knecht's Auto Parts, Locally owned chain, 22 stores through out Oregon. better service and knowledge then the compitition(car quest, napa, shucks) Only difference is they don't deliver, Which isn't a big deal......
    CAUSE I WORK THERE, LMAO!!!!

-Jeremy

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I shop at the dealer i work at, the counter is located conveniently on my way out to the shop from the uniform room.

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I usually get my parts from Pep Girls because I get the "homey discount" from my friends who work there. If I have to pay full price /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, Kragen has usually been the place that I get my parts from, but then again, car quest is where I always end up getting those hard to find parts.... But for those gotta have it now parts, I buy from auto zone because they are right down the street from me and they tend to be open later than most other stores. So as you can see I am VERY picky as to where I get my parts from /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif When I'm a millionaire I will open a chain of 24hr auto parts stores! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I get the Employee discount at Baxter Auto Parts. They get everything through Performance wherehouse in PDX and Seattle. Plus I live less than half a mile away from it so i only go there. Our local schucks has nothing but retards working there. At least two employees come into our store regularly to buy stuff, that they can get because they have exactly the same sources as us. And they buy out our stuff and re-sell higher to their customers. MORONS!

I'm gonna crap my pants when I have to pay full price for parts again.

8. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i guess "other" since i get my buddy discount at o'reilly's. never had any good luck with autozone.

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

For important stuff I go to napa ,parts plus ,or car quest there all locally owned and cater more to trucks and equipment in the town I live in more expensive but better parts and I always get the right parts for stuff like filters, oil, plugs,wires,Or anything I KNOW for sure what the part# is I go to checkers .....Autozone S@#$s a big one and so do there "LIFETIME WARRANTY" what good is the warranty if the crap brakes every 2 weeks starters and alternators are the worst from them rarely last over 2months and the manager here sucks.. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm origanally from Minnesota the only parts place in town was a BUMPER TO BUMPER I used to work there My sophmore year in highschool got to love those "ROCKHILL" parts they carry /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I used to hit the discount shop But I got tired of them not having the right part. So now I shop NAPA for my parts.

Eric

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I shop Autozone because they have a lifetime warranty on most things and they are usually the cheapest.
    -- Mike

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

from what I hear....I"d go to schucks