Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POLL to keep the beast or to get a badass 1 ton truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Apr 5, 2003.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1049598728NITRO">

Which Beast?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Keep the 79 Beast
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Sell the 79 and get White lightning
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Just say to hell with it and forget all about the truck and go on with my life
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

i have a chance to buy this truck called whit lightning for $7000 the guy has well over $14000 in it but is in debt and has to sell it. i can get it, but i will hafta sell the 79. what do u think i should do? look below for pics
    any opinions are welcome. o ya...white lightning has a 454/400/14bff/D60/39.5" MT's and a show winning $5000 paint job
    the 79 has 454/350/14bff/d44/35" mudders. and a rattle can spray paint job
    NITRO

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Here are the pics because dorkus doesn't know how to use a computer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hottiewattie

hottiewattie Newbie

Do what YOU want to do.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the kid with the hat backwards just tells you about that truck. That would be NICE but would you want to wheel it?

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get the new one, take the "roll bar" out, cut the exhaust tips off, and cover that paint with a nice rustoleum flat black primer and you will be set /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Looks like i will b keepin the beast for now and holdin off. if i can get a job(if chix will quit taking them /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) then my rents said they will loan me the money. i just really hate to pass this truck up. u really hafta see it to appreciate it

NITRO

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Get the new one, take the "roll bar" out, cut the exhaust tips off, and cover that paint with a nice rustoleum flat black primer and you will be set /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

also, cut the fenders and slap some 42"s on there. then use it like it was meant to be used,

Is that guy in the pic, the one who is selling the truck?

8. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

it has 39.5" mickey tompsons on it right now. that is me in the pick over a year ago.....

NITRO

9. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I'd pass on "white lightning." Nice trucks are overrated, you need something that you aren't afraid to wheel and scratch. You could find a one ton for less money if you wait, and it won't have that paint...

10. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

well.....i bought the truck. i can also keep the 79 if i get a job soon. my uncle is gonna bring it up on a tow truck in 2 weeks so i can save on gas for drivin that thing

NITRO

11. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

nice man, I like the rig. If you have 2 trucks then you could even leave it like that and just mash around in it, and use the less showy one offroad.

12. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

whats wrong wiht the roll bar? its missing lights but hey its only money.... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

13. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Actually....i have 3 trucks. A 1979 K5(Beast) an 84 K5 (stocker) and now the 84 K30. im sellin the 84 k5 cuz im kinda in debt a few bucks at the moment. Im already plannin shizzle for the K30...cowl hood...flame throwers... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

NITRO

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

nice truck. Um i would hold of on the flame throwers unless you mean napalm flamers! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, personally I just don't like them because they don't do anything... If you roll over they will just buckle under the weight of that truck... I'd build a cage inside and continue it out the back of the cab into the bed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif