Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

poll , what should i do ?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by K10ANDYKHAMNIC, Nov 4, 2002.

1. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

ok i have a an m1008 that is complete except for an engine and i want to put a diesel back in it but i have a dilemma .
    should i try and buy and pices together an engine or try and get one of 3 of the border patrol m1009 blazers <complete> that they might be auctioning somtime soon ? the blzers ran , our shop did some work on them , they are now sitting in a large lot waiting for auction for a long time . help ?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I would seee how much you can get the m1009 for first. If that works sell the rest for parts. Worked out well for my bud like that Mike

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If the M1009 comes cheap enough, get it, take the engine, and offer the rest for sale, here in CA you can put any gas engine in them and not worry about smog so you will get some bites /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Get one of the complete blazers, it's the best way to make sure you get EVERYTHING you need to reinstall the diesel. My m1008 had been canibalized and at first glance didn't need much, but it has been a pain to track down all the missing odds and ends. You will be way ahead if you start with a running truck to get everything you need and then sell whats left over.