Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poll: Who has pulled out a Ford or Jeep when they were stuck??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Neil, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

O.K.> Actually Mr. Solowookie started all this..hehehe... So if you've pulled out a stuck Jeep or Ford let's hear about it.

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i had to winch out my budys 81 bronco 9in lift 38in tires he went into a water hole and the fan splashed water in his distributor and killed the motor and was taking on water lol the funny thing is he had just pulled a blazer out of the same hole hw also had 38's but someone said he had 35's so he was trying to show up the chevy

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've pulled out several different makes, but my most common "customers" are Toyotas - For some reason young kids are just about capable of getting Taco's stuck in parking lots.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man I've pulled out a couple f*rds... (however, that was back when I was young and stupid... I was the one driving - my dad had a f*rd at the time... [​IMG])

I was raised on a ranch so you get a LOT of opportunities to learn that kinda stuff from the school of hard knocks... [​IMG]

if you wanna expand this I met a moron in a lifted f*rd at a store up here that was completely lost... I mean how hard is it to get off the interstate, drive to the first (and only) 4 way stop, turn left, and keep going???

anyway I was going bass fishing and so I was heading the same way (I've never seen a more lost individual in my life)... I told him to follow me, and keep following me until I wave at him, and then he'd turn right down this dirt road and keep driving...

well the next thing I know the moron turned off on the wrong road on his own... so I turn around to chase him down and get him going right. I'm drivng 80 down these roads, flashing my lights, and he doesn't stop... I finally (after not very long, it was real apparent he was not paying any attention to his rear view mirror cuz he wasn't try to run from me) turn around and decide oh well...

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Pulles a jeep wrangler for 10 miles through a creek because he sucked water in his intake. It was my buddies, or I probably wouldnt have done it. I also pulled a ranger out of the sand. He was stuck to the frame in sand.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

6. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

me and my brother pulled out a buddies just about stock bronco out of a ditch....thats about it

high

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I used to have a International Travelall. It was set up pretty good with a detroit locker in the rear and buckshot 33" mudders.
    I was fishing at a lake with real sandy soft shorelines and
    A guy came up to me and told me he stuck his jeep in the sand and wanted a ride to a phone so he could call someone. I told him I could pull him out. But he said "I could never get my Travelall back where he was". I just laughed and said jump in.
    I drove my rig through the stuff that stuck him and drug his jeep back to harder ground and told him he better keep his jeep up here where it is safe. I went on my merry way back down the beach and left him to eat his words.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=orange>Charter Member of The Too Much Fun Club</font color=orange>

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Does a stuck Mighty Max count? I was in a field in Antelope (sub of Sac) and saw these 3 guys jumping up and down... I drove over to them and the idiots took their truck out there and had it burried about 2 feet in the mud. It was stock and way tore up... I yanked them out and spun my tires good too shower them with mud for being so dumb... saw them out there again later on (like a week later) and waved when they wanted help and kept going... retards... [​IMG]

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I haven't done enough wheelin yet to do much recovery stuff, but I have had to tow my buddies 78 Ford F-250 once , and my other buddies 76 Jeep Wagoneer several times with my Jimmy. Who do they call when they need help getting home? The guy with the GMC.

10. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Oh, if there was ever a post that was going to get big....

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

11. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I was thinking something like...I've created a monster, right after I posted..hehehe. I see some good "stuck-pull out" stories here though!

Neil H. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Few years back, had hub's 89 p/u and two of his buddies, in same trucks, went through "Old Lane Swamp" use to be a road, but the beavers had damned it up so well, it was up over our hood, filling up the bed etc... ((would have made a hell of a chevy comercial)) one of his friends heard we went through, next weekend, he takes his stock F150, gets 3/4 of the way in, and truck "floats" off the road, ( we were smart enough to send a guy through in waders, to find the road first). he calls us, wants us to pull him out, well, to get to the other side, ya gotta go through, so in we went, all the way through, backed into the water hooked onto him, and pulled the floating ford to safety. I don't think he ever took that f150 off road again. after the 3 chevys went through with no problems. we also changed the FORD from then on to Found On River Dead.....

This past spring a F150 was stuck in a corn field--VT, mud season of course-- had to pull him out, he was bellied up, but the Z-71 pulled it right out, and that was with those HORRIBLE stock sneakers. Always fun to pull out a ford. Everytime we have gotten stuck, we have been lucky enough to have another Chevy around to pull us out. I don't think we have ever been pulled by a Ford. Talk about humiliating.

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear,(sitting next to truck) 12 bolt (still in truck) dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305----

13. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Pulled my buddies YJ out of a mud hole last spring.[​IMG] He claims its my fault for making the ruts to deep. Still give him grief every chance I get. And im sure payback going to be a mother when he gets to pull me out

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Just because im paranoid doesnt mean there not out to get me<font color=blue>[​IMG]

14. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

About a month ago I pulled a few guys out of a whole. They were in a bronco II. None of them were verry conf9ident I could do it. They had it burried up to its hood. It took a few yanks, but out it came. They all said they were going to go out and buy chevy trucks after that...
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

15. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I pulled a Ford conversion van off a highway to the service road cause his tranny "blew up."- told him to reconsider getting a ford. :)

Pulled a Bronco II out of a snow bank last winter.

Pulled a ford tempo out of another snow bank.

Pull my mustang to go race, but that hardly counts as the same catagory. :)

16. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

I pulled out my buddies jeep several times becuase he didn't have a wide enough wheel base. He gets pissed when my big rig will go where his can't make it. got to love it HAHAHA!!!

also pulled some fords out of some snow banks the last couple years.

<font color=blue>whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon?-- ford</font color=blue> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/slider79blazer>http://community.webshots.com/user/slider79blazer</a>

17. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

I pulled out my buddy's Bronco after he attempted to traverse the pit we call the " Erie Canal". In the process he left his driver door open and that got bent back the other way and caked with mud. Still a good laugh after 4 years. It was great to tear apart a Ford though.

[image]http://www2.eboard.com/eboard/boards/9/50/68/tink/att-312393/88K5.gif[/image]

18. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Pulled my buddy's 79 Bronco on 33's out one night-trail run (2 times) with my 76 K5 on 33's. Also a Scout the same night who asked to have his back bumper pulled off to save labor. Damn near got T-boned in the right door while jump-starting a Ramcharger and my Blazer buddy was towing out a kid with another 79' Bronco...the chain tightened up and yanked the furd just as the kid idiot nearly nailed my door.

"click...click... BOOM!"

19. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Not only did I have to pull this bronco off of the road, I had to give him gas, and then when I came back he had locked his keys in his rig. So then I had to break into his bronco through the wing window. This guy was having one hell of a day.

20. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

oh boy story time!!!!!
    ok here we go. ok last xmas my friend w/ an 88 jeep cherokee lited w/ mud tires was talkin smack to me and i was like ok lets wheel it out, we found a pretty deep pit and were like ok u go through then ill go, so he went, BOOM stuck, so i tugged his ass out, now my turn [this was when i had bald tires and 2in lift] and so i hit the pedal to the metal, and those racin slicks for tires were spinnin so fast, but then i made it through, i was like boo ya!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>