Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poll - Who would be interested in a Missouri Trail Run???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am thinking about hosting a Missouri Trail run this fall and would like to see whos intersted. The trails would be in south eastern Missouri area in the Mark Twain National Forest - Potosi District. I can provide Maps of the area, GPS Coords, and two full days of good trails. There are campgrounds in the area or Hotels near by. The trails are from easy to extreme. Not quite Rubicon, Moab or Tellico but this would be alot of fun.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Hey man I might be. I live in south AR. my brother is in Fayettville and got a couple buddies in Harrison,AR. We all would be into that. Let me know what you decide. While im here, check your private messages....

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

3. Nike

Nike Registered Member

Mudzer - I am interested, and a good friend probably would also be interested. Keep us informed. Thanks, Nike in Mo.

Blue

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Depending on when I would certainly be interested. If you could send me a map of the area.
    Thanks,
    Steve Frisbie

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Definitely interested. Just need some advance notice. I know off hand a couple of other people who would make the trip too. I live in North Little Rock so driving to southern Missouri ain't NO problem. Send me a map too if you can of the area.

BIGJ

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Map of the area - links

I can provide detailed Topo Quadrangle Maps 7.5 minute 1:25,000 scale. These have trails marked and are very accurate. I cannot send them through the mail at this time it would cost too much. I will provide them free upon meeting for the event. I do have a link to a map of the area http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=37.8289&lon=-90.9294&s=100&size=l The area we will be wheeling is near the three lakes in the link above. There is the word HARMONY near the lakes I am talking about.

and a link to a trail report from Potosi http://www.mudzer.coloradok5.com/rep1.htm I should have a few more trail reports written on my page soon and I will link them also.

Here is a link to the Mark Twain National Forest page http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/US_National_Forest/MO_MARK.HTM The area we are going to be wheeling is the Potosi District. Check the map on the page listed above for an idea of where we will be. I think we should make this an annual event and give it a name. Somebody give me some ideas on what to call this and I will set up an official webiste with all the info.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

7. BLK78BLZR

BLK78BLZR Newbie

count me in

8. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status