Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POLLLLL

Discussion in 'Audio' started by k5freak44, Aug 9, 2004.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

rEAD IT AND VOTE.

Z3PR says jl can be beat. Some ppl disagree and others agree. Lets decide this once and for all. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    rEAD IT AND VOTE.

Z3PR says jl can be beat. Some ppl disagree and others agree. Lets decide this once and for all. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]You'd have too be completely clueless too believe JL can't be beat. [ QUOTE ]
    Ed Koski of El Dorado Springs, Missouri set a MECA World Record at MECA World Finals October 9-10, 2002 in Shepherdsville, KY. Ed used two Treo Engineering CSX15.22 subwoofers and two U.S.Amps 2000X amplifiers in a Nissan Hardbody truck to set a new MECA Drive By Sound Pressure Level (DBSPL) record. Ed scored 127.6 decibels (dB) driving by a microphone at a distance of six feet.

[/ QUOTE ] There are so meny different subs avalible, lot of brands most people have never heard of. JL's are good, but deffently not the best you can get. I've been into high end stereo equipment for many years, and I do know alittle about this. Don't compair apples to oranges.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

K5 Freak and rjfguitar ... I would like to hear your argument as to why you say JL is such a good sub.

Z3PR ... who do you think has the best sub and why.

This is a homework assignment guys. Try to convince me why I should buy the sub you like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I'm more into home audio than car stereos. A car isn't exactly an ideal place to try to reproduce quality audio, so why dump a bunch of money into it when you can invest it into a quality home system. A loud system means nothing if the music isn't accurately reproduced ... unless you just want to annoy everyone you drive by. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

For me, you can show me numbers all day long and say one sub is better than another, but when it comes down to it, my ears will tell me which one is best. A friend on mine has 2 JL W3 twelves in his car and they sound good and are loud as all get out, but I personally like the two Crossfire P2 twelves I have in my truck. But another friend of ours likes the Eclipse subs in his car. As far as the JL arguement, yes they can be beat, but they are a good, quality sub and an excellent product.

Kris

5. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

I like wat evers cheeper, thos always seem alot nicer in my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

lol i knda made this poll as a joke because you were posting so much about subs.

I dont even have subs /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I was just trying to end the little argument. LOL i even accidentally voted against myself. But im still cool right?!?

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Ok ok....

herees my pathetic defense. I have a friend that had... 3 13in W6. He had 4 JL 1000 watt amps to power everything...

That is the loudest fing system i have heard to this date. And i have heard alot of good systems, but the clarity, the sound produced and the amount of bass has never come close.

Honestly i dont listen to rap,, so i dont need anything above a 10" maby even 8".

not rap on..----------> /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    K5 Freak and rjfguitar ... I would like to hear your argument as to why you say JL is such a good sub.

Z3PR ... who do you think has the best sub and why.

This is a homework assignment guys. Try to convince me why I should buy the sub you like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I'm more into home audio than car stereos. A car isn't exactly an ideal place to try to reproduce quality audio, so why dump a bunch of money into it when you can invest it into a quality home system. A loud system means nothing if the music isn't accurately reproduced ... unless you just want to annoy everyone you drive by. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I really can't say who the "best" is. there's always new models comming out, as well as new companys. I can and have listed ones I like. But I'm not deluded enough too claim one brand is is the apsolute best, and unbeatable. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Home audio ??? I may not have the best set up in my house, but I'm pretty happy with my JBL home theater 5.1 system. 100 watts to eack JBL Northridge systems sattelite speaker, and a 250 watt powered 12" JBL sub. Sounds pretty good for no more then it is.

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    rEAD IT AND VOTE.

[/ QUOTE ]You'd have too be completely clueless too believe JL can't be beat. [ QUOTE ]
    Ed Koski of El Dorado Springs, Missouri set a MECA World Record at MECA World Finals October 9-10, 2002 in Shepherdsville, KY. Ed used two Treo Engineering CSX15.22 subwoofers and two U.S.Amps 2000X amplifiers in a Nissan Hardbody truck to set a new MECA Drive By Sound Pressure Level (DBSPL) record. Ed scored 127.6 decibels (dB) driving by a microphone at a distance of six feet.

[/ QUOTE ] There are so meny different subs avalible, lot of brands most people have never heard of. JL's are good, but deffently not the best you can get. I've been into high end stereo equipment for many years, and I do know alittle about this. Don't compair apples to oranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer JL Audio. I know they can be beat, but usually by some brand that I have never heard of and would have to have shipped to me from across the country. I like JL Audio because they are readily available to the average guy through many dealers at an affordable price and they have wonderful tech support via their website.

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

How did I get roped into this? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

IMHO JL audio makes the best mainstream stuff. There are little companies that dedicate their lives to that competition crap with prices that are just plain rediculous for the average person just looking for good tone quality, not to have a stereo competition at every light. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I care about sound quality being a musician (hence my name),how hard my subs hit compared to the homies or dawgs ( /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif)in the honda next to me means nothing. I know that my JL audio highs and 3 10's powered by my Arc Audio amps has the best crystal clear clarity that I have ever heard.

11. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

JBL .....!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

JL................ /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    JL................ /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] JL is good for comman stuff. But I'm not one that's happy with what everybody and thier brother has. I want the higher quality. That's why I like brands like Treo Engineering, MMATS, Digital Design, ... Granted, the high end stuff I like cost more, but it's worth it IMHO. To me, it's the difference between a 350 and a 454. Sure, the 350 will get you down the road just fine, but I'd reather have that 454.

14. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

yeah JL is common! but they sound good! this sounds like a discussion about sex-politics-or religion. no matter what you say you will piss someone off!!! i have been around some good JL stuff-kicker stuff diamond audio etc. never heard treo mmats or DD so can't say. i have heard some pretty crappy subs........none of the above! everyone of them sounded different, not just the crappy ones! alot depends on amps-xovers........ETC. sure you can get a better sub if money is no object! a company called rainbow makes 6.5 components that cost 5 grand i bet they sound sweet! i am currently running a single JL10w7 in a sealed box and it sounds awesome! but i listen to old rock ( zepplin-sabbath-aerosmith-acdc-ETC) and some newer heavier stuff like TOOL DANZIG GODSMACK etc. no rap so that changes the sound also i prefer sq over spl which also makes a big difference. by the way i do have a big block it's awesome but the 496 on the way should be sorta ok too!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. 1crzy88

1crzy88 1/2 ton status

Subs are great... amps are ok... and other pseackers suck a#$.

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I have their highs and they are the best sounding speakers I could find besides Rainbow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

have not tried JL speakers but heard they have got in the game with some high end stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    have not tried JL speakers but heard they have got in the game with some high end stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I really like mine. When I originally bought all my stereo stuff I went into the store not looking for anything in perticular, just what ever sounded good to me (my first stereo was my very first thing I did to my blazer) I played with all the buttons on the wall with the speakers and chose the JL's, not knowing or hearing about them before, just thought they sounded the best out of all the big name speakers I was listening to.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I have their highs and they are the best sounding speakers I could find besides Rainbow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Didn't know that JL made mids and tweets, I'll have too check them out sometime. I usely use MB Quarts, Infinity Kappa's, or even JBL's for mids and tweets. But I'm willing too check out other brands. For a while I ran Pearless and Hollywoods. Not high end by any means, but sounded alright in the work truck (Was doing the lawncare thang at the time, 78 C30 crewcab duelie pulling a big trailer).

20. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Highjacking......any one want to buy one Old school rockford 12" punch? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif