Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly body bushing and body lift question. (think I goofed)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Oct 28, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I installed a 3" body lift and replaced the bushings at the same time a couple of months ago. I have only been able to drive it around the block a couple of times since due to numerous problems and rebuilding. ANYway, i thought for some reason all poly bushings were supposed to be greased to prevent them from squeaking, so I greased the body bushings. The front blocks and bushings seem to have moevd from the position I Set them in and may have caused the body to misalign from the frame. It looks to be lined up pretty close for now. Should I take everything apart and remove the grease or is it ok? Also I tightened the bolts to 65 foot pounds going from memory. Is that the correct torque for body bolts? I cant remember now....argggg

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My guess is the spacers that were sandwiched between the bottom of the body and the top of the mounts were not put back in. Those spacers act as shims to level and even out the body lines on the truck.

Did you have any that you took out when you installed all the new blocks and mounts? If so, you should have put them back in the same place and amount of shims in the mounts you removed them from.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i like, to, see ,a pic of your ride i am putin in a 3" body my self was it hard

when will you learn you needto drive a a chevy an pull fords out of the mud or over themsame as a jeep some one move that ford b 4 i go over it

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

No, I replaced all spacers, after cleaning them up and removing some thick rust on a few. I think I will tighten them again and hope for the best. It was easy to put in, you have to be sure and remove the plastic pins in the steering shaft. I didnt and it ruined the seal in my steering box. and be sure to streach out the brake lines from the master cyl.