Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly Body Mount Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Impex, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

will poly body mounts expand? what happend was i installed new set of b-mounts 2 years ago and torqued them down wrong did one side at a time vs. a star pattern so my passanger side is squashed down pretty good (over laps the bottom washer) and drivers side looks normal. so one day i removed the passanger side and took them out held in my hand didn't go back to shape, so i reinstalled. but will they go back to shape after like a couple of hours? The reason i ask is becasue after i had my steering brace welded on i get a popping noise under the passanger side floor. (near the body mount) and it pops loud enough that people turn around an look when in a parking lot parking. U-bolts could be loose also, causing the sound.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I really don't know..basically, I'd guess you'd have to ask the bushing maker.

I'm curious to know what you find out though!

Besides the issues you've had with them (or issue, if the popping isn't the body mounts) how do you like them? Did you notice the body "tighening up" any, or just as flexy as before?

3. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

yeah ill call Energy Suspension and let you know what they say. As far as how they felt, it was one of the first things i did to my truck, the old bushings were basically gone. so it did make a huge difference at "tightening up" the body. i never 4x4 with it before so i can't say what it did for flex for a before & after.