Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly-Bushed Rod Ends

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by willyswanter, Sep 11, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Stephen, or anyone that may know, where can I find 3/4" or larger poly-bushed rod ends? I found one place, but the largest I can find are 1/2". This is what I am speaking of:

[​IMG]

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Rubicon Express
    AOR4x4
    Currie
    And Daystar is going to be releasing a new joint along the same lines in the next month or so. Available wholesale only but we'll be able to get them, and or will be keeping some in stock.

I don't think any of them use a mounting bolt as big as 3/4", maybe some 9/16. I would like to see some that would take a 3/4" bolt myself.

3. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool, thanks for the link.

Stephen: What are your opinions of running heims on a daily driver? I've heard that street driving wears them out rather quickly. I don't care about noise, just wondering as far as lifespan. I was planning on one of your weld on bushing kits on end of the links, then that bushed rod end on the other for adjustment.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Don't really recommend heims for lots of miles. My fronts on the link arms are loose after about a year, I had steering linkage that needed a stabilizer within about 3K miles, so overall, I think another kind of joint is best for a lot of driving. I like the idea of the urethane sphericals, since they're greasable and rebuildable for pretty cheap. I don't think anyone builds a urethane spherical end for a 3/4" bolt, if I find one I'll probably look at replacing some of my links ends with them.