Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly bushing size for an 88k5 (front shackle and rear shackle and...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I'm helping a buddy install an echobit bolt-on shackle flip this weekend. His rear shackle will need new bushings (WHAT SIZE ARE THEY?)...We also plan on installing the ORD h/d shackle for his front suspension. What size bushings are needed for the frame side if the shackle? OH, and does anyone know what size ubolts are needed on the rear to replace his "made for a 4 inch block" ubolts?

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

oh, I have some bushings laying around...how do I measure them to find out if any of them will work on this kit before we start?

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Steven and Tim nailed both answers in the Garage on your other post... I agree with both! If you press the sleave out of the shackles, you can use a 1 1/2" bushing or 1 3/4" bushing depending on which GM shackles they are. Measure your bushings outer diameter where it slides in the race, they should be 1 1/4" deep from the outer ring and accept a 5/8" OD steel sleeve (9/16" ID).