Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly bushings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Mar 13, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to hear some stories about polyurethane bushings and body mounts versus the rubber ones. I'm thinking about getting a whole vehicle set from Energy Suspension, but I don't want to if they are just going to squeak alot. Is the squeaking really as bad as the magazines say? I'm at least going to use them for my new leaf springs. What do you think?

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I've got a full kit for my Blazer. The most noticable things I've knoticed is bushing squeek, it doesn't bother me, and the body us connected to the chassis much more rigidly. When the truck is flexed, the cab roof ripples much more now. Its pretty interesting hearing the loud "BANG" from the roof when the body gets back on level ground.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I installed the Energy Supension kit about 2 years ago on my 74. It was a big improvment from the sounds of 24 year old rubber mounts. There is some noise but nothing you can't get used to, the Pros out weigh the Cons on this one and I say go for it.

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

the squeeking is not that bad, and it can benearly eliminated from most of the bushings if you lube them up really good. especially the springs ! [​IMG]

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!(squeaky or not!)