Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poly Tranny Mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SnackPack, Mar 21, 2006.

1. SnackPack

SnackPack 1/2 ton status

I'm hoping someone knows this... I have an 87 K5, SM465, NP208. I'm looking for polyuerethane transmission mounts for it, but Energy Suspension's website doesn't list my particular year.

Does anyonw know the part number for any brand of poly tranny mounts for this year of blazer? Also, would I need anything for the transfer case to stiffen that mount up?

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

3.1129 (it says V*- auto) the mounts I found in stock apps were the same size/bolt locations for a '90 sub w/ an sm465/241 and an '85 th400/208. you could always just make a poly mount yourself if you have a spare(worn out) stock one and about $35 plus some time.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

If you do any kind of wheeling, or heck, like to hit the skinny pedal i would get the poly engine mounts too. the difference in durometer (flexability, softness, wheatever you call it) will break transfercase mounts. (just saw what you drive and i can guaruntee you will break trans mounts--i went through three before i figured it was the mounts.

4. SnackPack

SnackPack 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I rebuilt the engine and already put in the ply engine mounts, but I have a wicked shudder if I don't nurse the clutch from a stop... Feels like the tranny bumping up underneath the console.

Thanks for the part #, btw. I thought it might be the 3.1129, but wasn't sure.