Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Polymeric Mastic

Discussion in 'Audio' started by daleearnhardt01, May 17, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im in the process of fixing the floors and then putting new carpet in. I figure while its all apart I might as well put some of this stuff down. How much should I put down? Should I do the quarter panels too? Anything I should know about this stuff. I was thinking of putting it down double thick.

2. 81sb

81sb Registered Member

I am assuming this is like dynamat?

3. daleearnhardt01

4. daleearnhardt01

Should I put it in double thick in the front area? Is it worth it or will 1 layer be suffiecent? I want to be able to do the front area, cargo, and inside of the tailgate at the very least.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The polymeric is cheap enough that you should be able to do multiple layers....

I'd be sure you buy enough to cover the entire floor, then do the door panels and wheel well humps. At that point, I'd throw the driver's seat back in and drive around to evaluate if it's quiet enough...if not, do another layer.

A heat gun and roller will help to make it stick. Also make sure the surfaces are free of grease or oils to get the best adhesion. I've got about 5 sheets of that stuff in my workshop and I'll probably be putting it in the 'Burb to make it even quieter than it already is....

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif