Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

polyurethane body mounts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kiley, Jan 18, 2002.

1. kiley

kiley Registered Member

What polyurethane body mounts do you guys recommend? I'm not doing a body lift, just replacing the original mounts.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I got a Energy Suspension kit and have no compaints about the quality of the kit. Now I will have a chance to test out their customer service because I lost a mount on my last trip (I am susprised I still have all my teeth after that road). I used 2 nuts (regular and all steel lock nut) on the bolt for the rad. support mount (along with all the rest) and the stupid thing still came loose. I lost the lower washer, sleeve, and lower mount[​IMG]. Now I just need to find some time during the week to call them.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I have the Energy Suspension mounts also and I have not had any problems with them. i replaced them only a year ago but so far I don't really notice any wear.
    Jeff

4. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Have you guys noticed more stiffness or anything when you switched? I have considered this as well, I have not looked at mine but I would guess they are the original rubber.

Sam

5. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I pulled a body lift and put the energy suspension kit in mine also. The only thing I didnt like about the kit is it doesnt have any body bolts. I spent the good part of 2 days looking for zinc coated, grade 8 bolts and nylon locking nuts and washers. Mine were in for about a years and a half before I started my frame off restoration. When I pulled them out they looked like brand new. All I had to do was wipe them off with WD40. I love mine and would recommend them to everyone!

1972 Black CST Blazer, 350/415 HP, TH350, NP205, 4" Springs Front/Rear, AGR Variable Ratio Steering, 15X8 Ralley Wheels and 35X12.50 BFG Mud Tires.

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Bought mine from Prothane and bought all new hardware from LMC. I did notice the cab is stiffer and a little more road noise coming from the frame. But I like it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/70gmc>My 70 GMC</a>