Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Polyurethane bushing kits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Aug 22, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've got some goofy clunking in the front end of the Burb... and I can't pinpoint it. I have been under there a few times, and I've noticed that MOST of the rubber bushings in the truck are all dry rotted out pretty badly.

I am looking for a bushing KIT that will replace a GOOD MAJORITY of all the bushings with poly. bushings. I'm looking for spring bushings, frame bushings, sway bar bushings... and any others I've forgotten. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks all!

-Dan

2. Nike

Nike Registered Member

I used Energy Suspension body mount bushings and an ORD 1" aluminum puck body lift. You get new bolts with the ORD kit, and the quality of both is excellent. Bushings were $109 and the bolts and pucks were $70. A friend found the body bushings just like mine for about $90 at a friendly auto supply. Shop around. Nike

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've got the ORD pucks and their Daystar bushings too... only problem is... they are in my K5, not my Sub. Am not really looking for body bushings... I need the suspension stuff... and in a kit if possible so I can get a better price (hopefully!)!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

4. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dan Az-Kickin is now a authorized Daystar dealer. I haven't gotten this info up on my site but I can get all of that for ya.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I Daystar one makes about a $180 kit that replaces everything minus the body bushings (ie. springs eyes, shackle/frame, sway bar and endlinks).
    I found them at Suspention Connection and a couple other places.

overall listing
    the super kit!
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif