Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

polyurethane dash pads??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Mar 19, 2005.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

unless your covering your dash with mufflers, i think its the wrong link. lol

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

ok, fixed link!!

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LMC wants $230 for a dash pad. If you can get this pad for a good price, then I would go for it.

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I have one. The fit isn't perfect. I had to drill some additional holes and place a few small pieces of sheetmetal behind the dash to get it to fit and screw down better - still a little larger gap than I'd like on the left side of the guage cluster. The top has a few more "waves" than the stock dash pad. Still, it's much better than the overlay pieces (I have one of those, they look terrible) and a lot cheaper than the $500 - $600 Just Dashes wants to redo a stock dash pad.

Make sure you get the color you want. Painting just doesn't work, it will scrath the first time something rubs against it. I'd say go for it unless you really want a clean, restored looking, show quality dash. I think I paid about $230 for mine from LMC or Chevy Duty like the post above mentioned.

Eric M.