Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Polyurethane vs Rubber bushings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Smitty, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Do the poly bushings really work better than the rubber bushings? I'm not talking from a durability standpoint but more from a ride point of view. It seems like they would make you feel every crack and bump in the road. There are times when that might be good but for "Normal" everyday driving I'm not sure if I really want to feel everything my tires run over, especially on a long trip. I know the way they work is totally different but is the result better with the poly bushings.

Smitty

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I had WORN OUT rubber bushings and I replaced them with Energy Susp. poly ones. Ride quality improved dramatically.
    I think a comparison between NEW rubber mounts and poly mounts would give the ncier ride to the rubber.
    But, it's a truck so put on poly :)
    -- Mike

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I can see changing the bushings in the suspension system out with poly but I just don't get why someone would change out the body bushings. It seems that the body bushings should compress not slide and that would eliminate the poly bushings as an alternative. Guess that would make the body bushings a disposable type item, like sparkplugs. Just a thought.....

Smitty

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

They are a little stiffer and it's hard to get them to stop squeaking, but they last a lot longer and I like'em

Keep your feet dry [​IMG]

5. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

The poly transmits the road to the body vs. the rubber that absorbs more than the poly. For durability poly, they will last awhile...

Eat More Mud