Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pontiac Grand Am

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Corey 78K5, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks like I'm gonna get one at work for the cost of a tow bill. It's a 2 dr with the 2.4L 4cyl. The engine only has compression on one hole and the other three have zero. I checked the timing chain and everything looks good there. I figure that it's either three burnt pistons which I doubt or some stuck valves.
    Would it be worth it to do a head job on it or would I be better off replacing the engine all together.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd pull the head and check everything first.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I was thinking that I could just pull the cam covers, which would take about 15 min. and have a quick looky. All in all I think it will be a good deal since it will only cost Me $140 for the car /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Other than that everything else about the car is in working order.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

damn dude wish i had known, i just sent off a 2.4 H.O. grand am to scrap that ran but was hit in front a little.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well damn it all to hell /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    If You run across another one let Me know. It's the one with the EGR. The way You tell is the 8th didget of the VIN# should be a "T" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif