Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pontiac GTO 2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1985K20, May 2, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

How sweet is that: V8/6.0L, 400HP, 400 ft/lb of torque :D , six speed and limited slip rear end??

I was very sad when i learned that GM was gonna stop firebird/camaro production but with that kind of musle car coming back....im gonna start saving me pennies.....I WANT ONE :)

Another 5.0 killer :haha:

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

have you seen the gto's? Friggin ugly :eek:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh, first car to be the same HP as the Vette in a long time. They usually detune 5-10 hp out of them.

I'd much rather a Camaro with the same powerplant.

4. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They look decent in pictures but go look at one in person, you'll see what we mean. I was really excited to see one up close until I spotted it. I honestly kinda think they look like half of a jellybean.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its really an Austrailan GM Holden Manaro . Ya see we got brainwashed into taking all the expensive to repair Front drive stuff , while many other countries get Rear drive GM stuff .

You can get Rear drive Impalas in the middle east :mad:

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Americans are brainwashed to think that front drive is better. oh its better traction in bad conditions, oh its better this or that. Yeah ok. Thats why all the high dollar cars are rear drive or AWD :rolleyes:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was gonna say the same thing. and they could give it more style. thats why GM is losing there ass right now,crappy looking rides.it almost killed chrysler,remember the K car??? :laugh: :laugh: now they have cars people want. even the corvette looks like a door stop. :crazy:

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I heard a lot of that when I lived in Michigan , old people love them in the snow .

What sucks is my wife loves her Impala , and I can't drive it with the gas pedal like a rear drive car . I can do so much to make it fast if I chose , but I still can't spin a donut in an empty parking lot ( if I wanted LOL ) .

With todays engine and traction control devices , rear drive could make a comeback ...... which it is at Chrysler which has several models to choose from .

I really want a rear drive Impala to comeback when we trade the wifes car in next year or so .

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If they would take a cue from Ford and give the GTO a retro look reminscent of the 66 GTO they'd sell a million of those things. As it is right now it looks like an uglier and slightly bigger version of the honda civic. (IMHO)

Rene

11. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

the front looks good, looks kinda like the older grand prix(they screwed them up a yr or 2 ago), but the back is bad, looks like a sunfire rear grafted onto it. And with that powertrain, you want the rear to look good, thats what everyone is gonna see.

12. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

yea they are kinda ugly.

one of the guys i work with has a 2004 with the 5.7, he put a chip,supercharger and a corsca exhaust on it, it dosnt sound that good but the thing hauls ass! its suppose to have around 400hp

i work at a gm dealership and get to drive them all the time.

you think the gto is fast, drive that cadillac with the vette motor in it, thats a fast car :D

13. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

My brother just bought a dark blue 2005 GTO. Yeah, it's not great looking on the outside, but get inside one. They have great interiors (though they must've had a retarded monkey design the seat. It's impossible to get into the back.)

And, damn, that car is FAST!

And as far as "Chrysler getting back in the know and going to RWD" all I have to say is two words: Mercedes-Benz. Half of a Chrysler is designed in Germany and they don't believe in FWD over there.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Not that bad at all. Heck, it looks somular to my 2000 Alero. [​IMG]

15. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, I know fwd is mostly hype, but it keeps the average idiot that doesn't know how to handle a car from running into me. I didn't look at anyone's stats to see where they live, but in Minnesota, the first couple of snows of every year it's like people forget how to drive. I've ridden with both girls and guys who mash the gas when they get scared. FWD will most likely pull you out front end first, while a rear wheel drive car would send you into the next county on an sleet covered road. I personally love slick roads and a RWD truck, but I know how to use and control it too. If people excersized common sense and courtesy I could see a move back to rear wheel drive cars in this country but I think most people agree that that's pretty unlikely to happen.