Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pool prob lem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 19, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We lose posession on this house July 15th...but we leave town on the 13th.
    For some reason our pool pump isn't working. And it has to work because the pool was in the agreement for selling the house or something.

The pump hasnt worked since last year when we shut it down. Since the pump isn't circulating water, the water is GREEN from algae.

We can blow air through the plumbing of the pool, not A LOT of air both ways, but from the pump to the skimmer basket is is good. But from the skimmer basket to the pump is doesn't blow as much water out.
    The air can compress a lot easier than water, so it's possible the plumbing is squished somewhere or something. I don't have a clue.

All the pool companies won't come out for a while. What can we do?
    last year we had the same problem, the pump didn't suck. But last year it was fixed after a rental place here brought over a huge compressor.

Anyway we can find out whats the problem? My mom took the pump down to the pool place and they said it works fine.

Any suggestions? WE NEED TO get this running soon!
    :( :( :( :( :(

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Can you get one of those things that plumbers use to clean out clogged pipes in a house? I cant think of the name right now, but that might work by breaking up whatever is blocking the pipes.

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

a pipe snake???

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

YES!

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

When you turn it on does it spin?

Also,how is the filter?If its full of junk,your not gonna get any flow.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

we tried a pipe snake last year. Pretty neat contraption. But our pipes are too twisty for it to work. It wont go in.

When we turn it on the water inside the pump thing, where the filter is, it spins. But it doesn't fill up all the way like it should.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

try kicking it?

you have a ompresser dont you?

i would try fishing the line down the pipe as far as you can, then blasting the air on might work:confused::confused::confused:

8. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

find where it draws from the pool, there should be a screen filter. they get pretty clogged. also look to see if there is one at the pump end. remove them and clean them with the hose. could be your problem

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't know if we have a screen filter. I will ask my mom when she gets home. Thanks

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

It can be as simple as an air pocket in the suction side. the pump has to have water enough to prime. If there is a big air pocket on the suction side this will not let it start and will let the pump just set there and spin.

11. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just replaced the pump motor on mine. It died at the end of the season last year. However after a few weeks of trying to get the water right I found a major problem. Our sand filter has little "fingers" in the bottom that pump the water through the sand for filtering. Two of them had broke and the circulation plumbing was clogged with sand. I had to break down the filter, clean all the sand out, put new fingers on, fill with new sand and in less than six hours our pool was crystal clear and the water circulation was unblievable.