Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poopheads That Need Buttkickings..............................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hug a tree fagboy

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I don't believe that "we" are the target. I think they are talking about soccer moms in huge SUVs picking up thier children from school or dropping them off. I know what it's like to be stuck in the middle of the block with a bunch of those asswipes blocking the road...

They aren't talking about us. Me thinks they just don't know the difference.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but any laws or chances in vehicles wouldn't make that distinction

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

When I have kids someday I'm going to buy my wife the biggest thing I can afford. Size=Safety. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. landsmasher

As long as you teach her how to drive it and without the cell phone stuck to the side of her head....

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Size=Safety.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not necessarily. My Volvo V70 has one of the highest safety ratings ever and it's a "mid size station wagon".

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Would you rather be in a Volvo T-boned by a burb doing 65, or in a burb T-boned by a Volvo doing 65? I'll take the burb, thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Also, the key words in your statement are 'station wagon.' I wouldn't wish such an ugly car on anyone, much less my imaginary future wife. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Volvos actually have a pretty good safety record. They are designed with safety in mind, hence the boxy look they have.

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think they are actually the safest thing you can buy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm just giving him a hard time. I'm not much of a car guy, I like big vehicles. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. landsmasher

I had a head on with a volks wagon bug once. I was doing 45 but standing on the breaks, and he was doing about the same speed and no clue. I was in a 3/4 ton full utility bed pickup truck. Guess who walked and who didn't... As a matter of fact, I drove away under my own power. His bug was totaled. He went away in a life flight helicopter. He lived but was really fawked up. I know cuz he sued me... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Volvos actually have a pretty good safety record. They are designed with safety in mind, hence the boxy look they have.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmmmmm my truck is boxy..........does that mean I drive a volvo........damn......

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I like Volvos also, having owned quite a few of them. The last time I checked the Govt crash test ratings, They compare vehicles within the same category. That means that the Volvo might rate safer than a Taurus, but that doesn't mean it is safer than a Suburban, which is in a different category.

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When I have kids someday I'm going to buy my wife the biggest thing I can afford. Size=Safety. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing to remember about safety and size is that a smaller vehicle will maneuver much better than some big vehicle. Faster stopping, better stability....which means you have more of a chance at avoiding an accident instead of being in one.

And really there is nothing wrong with a vehicle getting totalled in an accident. Most new vehicle are made to crumple in order to absord the energy in an accident instead of passing it on to your neck and back.

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i still think bigger is better. i would rather be in a big slow steering truck than a low quick steering car.i might not be able to miss the wreck, but at least he will go under me. i won't get the shoulder,arm, hip breakage. unless its a big rig. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I know cuz he sued me... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I'm sorry man but that cracked me up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That sucks though, hope you won. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. rjfguitar

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It's a stupid shirt.
    [ QUOTE ]
    A complete inability to park in any space.

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda true....I'm too wide to fit in a spot. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'd wear that to blazerfest just for the comments. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    That sucks though, hope you won.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I lost. And you can't believe it. When the medics extracated him from the vehicle, a bunch of Budweiser cans fell out of the car with him. I can't believe I lost. My insurance company wouldn't listen to me and gave him the cheapie settlement of $50k. They figured it was cheaper than fighting it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Then they promptly dropped my arse...

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    That sucks though, hope you won.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I lost. And you can't believe it. When the medics extracated him from the vehicle, a bunch of Budweiser cans fell out of the car with him. I can't believe I lost. My insurance company wouldn't listen to me and gave him the cheapie settlement of $50k. They figured it was cheaper than fighting it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Then they promptly dropped my arse...

[/ QUOTE ] I can't stand insurance companies.....you pay them high rates just for them to hang you out to dry instead of doing their job.