Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Popped the top this last weekend

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Aug 7, 2002.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all.. I had bought a used black Kayline top from someowne here (sorry don't remember who) last year, had a couple of new zippers put in the back and finally got around to strapping it on this last weekend (bought a new house, had to sell the old house, no place to put the hardtop yadda yadda yadda). So, been top down crusing for the first time in over a year and a half this week --- its been cool - not that easy seeing how its been in the 90's here in Texas by mid-afternoon.

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean here in louisianna we have been write there with you. just watch for the late afternoon showers we have beenm having. wehat did you do with the other top?

nathan

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Where did you get the zippers replaced at? Mine are shot too. I was thinking about going to a marine shop.

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I had redone the hardtop (new seals paint) - so its sitting on a stand ready to go back on at some point.

I just took the top to an auto upholstery shop - they used the biggest zippers that would fit - ran me about $60.00.

Had to put the top up for today's (Thursday) drive home -little more rain for central Texas.

Next project is the door guts and window channel things --- oh yea and sooner or later I'm going to lay on another coat of baby poop yellow.