Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

por-15 Anyone ever notice????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1BAD88, May 11, 2002.

1. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

that it clearly states (contents partially unknown) on the bottom of the can.What the hell is this stuff made of I have been using it for years and I just noticed that on the can.How could they be selling a product with unknown contents???

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You would think that with todays laws that something like that would be red flagged.

but who cares the stuff works.LOL
    probably better off if we don't know/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I dont know if this is true or not. But years ago someone told me that it was originally designed for aviation applications .Something about the stealth bombers use a certain type of fuel that would literally soak through the wings and por-15 was formulated to prevent the fuel seapage. Kinda far fetched but who knows maybe that's why por wont declare the true ingredients.........

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Maybe it's because they don't want anyone to duplicate it...

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Redfrog is on the money. KFC doesn't actually list the "spices and herbs" that they use even though they form the ingredients, do they?/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Lots of companies do the same thing. Have you ever seen an actual description of the additives put into oil by different manufacturers?? What's REALLY in the oil you put into your truck???/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

It has something to do with "trademark secrecy" or something like that. It's actually allowed to protect companies from being ripped off.

6. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I can't remember where you get it at, but you can get a form that you send to them and it has to list all of its chemical ingredients according to federal law.

I think it was someone on the ORC forum that said something about it last fall.

7. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

You can call the company and by law they must provide you with an MSDS (material safety data sheet) that lists all the ingredients, what to do in case of emergency, effects the chemicals have had on lab rats and more than you could ever want to know about it. These are all mandated by OSHA and the EPA. I spent all last summer working with these guys, its all a pain in the A$$.

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

or it could be the fact that it will Eat through a styrofoam(sp)
    in about a hour /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I found that out today.....

But I still think the reason is my first reply /forums/images/icons/wink.gif