Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR 15 Black>>>>Pics>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, May 6, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    I painted the inside of my hood with POR15. The stuff goes on like stain and dries like engine enamal!
    I was painting it on some saw horses then I decided I wanted to move it...I dropped the hood(trying not to get my fingers on the paint)it hit the peegravel concrete that sourounds my pool..Skidded across the peegravel concrete and almost slid into the pool /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI screamed LOUD!!! cuz it was skidding on the outside brown painted part!!! NOW I have pitted scratched and F**$#(@$@#%(*)@ hood /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifHo well at least it didn't go to the bottom of my 9ft pool or get dented /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Looks pretty good. What did you do to prep, use their prep products?

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I just wire wheeled it first. They claim their paint works best on older metal w/rusting. Perfectly clean steel needs to be sprayed with some kinda metal etching that they sell. I was surprized how nice the paint turned out. I will still cover it with engine enamel. When I dropped it a buch of crap got on the wet paint...oh well

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm trying not to laugh as I know it's not funny to you. I'm just picturing the scene as it happened /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Brings back memmories of similar things that I've done... like dropping a ladder on my freshly painted and drying hood /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif, or having the plastic drop cloth blowing up against my freshly POR'd frame /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Oh well, it can be fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahah no please laugh away..I too find it funny now..I was only mad for a few..once it's done...not much you can do about it so I just shrug it off and move on
    The thing skidded about 10ft too, made me think of ridding a hood down a hill side /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifhahahahhahaa
    Not like my paint is that good anyway....
    [​IMG]
    Can you see the bottle opener on my truck? hehehehe