Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR-15 questions.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnSPledg, Jul 8, 2003.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

Has anyone had any experience with the clear POR-15? I am getting ready to start a rustectomy on my blazer. I have been toying with the idea of spraying all the sheet metal with clear POR-15 before I paint. I figure if this stuff really works, my blazer should last through the apocalypse. I want to fix this right the first time, and I want it to be the only time I have to do it. Thanks for the help.

2. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

I used it on my frame and interior sheet metal, black that is. Have used the clear on wheels, it's a two part system as apposed to the black and takes quite a while to dry properly. would definately not recommend using the clear on sheet metal that you want to paint, I don't think it has the same properties as the black for bonding to rust.

I would stay away from the product on exterior panels that you want to paint.go with a good epoxy primer or a vynil wash primer followed by a good high build. at least you will know the products are compatable and you will get good adhesion.

If you do decide to use POR just make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, otherwise you will just waste your time and money, trust me I speak from experience.

Check out their web site for more info. por15