Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR-15 Removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappy88, Jul 29, 2005.

1. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

As it turns out, this stuff can be removed quite easily. I've been using POR-15 for about 4 years now and love the stuff. Some parts of my floorboards (underside) are coated with it. Well I was under the truck using Jasco brand paint remover on a few areas to prep for some more POR-15 since it likes bare metal or rust, and I brushed the paint remover over some areas that were previously coated with POR-15. To my surprise, the cured POR-15 bubbled up and fell right off just like the regular paint was doing.

So this stuff can be removed. I'm in no way saying it is an inferior product though.. but if you ever need to remove it from something, this is a good way. But please DO NOT use this method to remove it from your hands (not that I did but someone might). One very tiny drop of that paint remover on your arm feels like an inferno, and will probably take off a good 3 or 4 layers of skin! :haha:

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

nor should you use it on your HOOTUS!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
    grant