Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR 15 Replacement?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DPI, May 23, 2003.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Chassis Saver sounds just like POR 15 even down to the lack of UV stability. While still expensive, its cheaper too. At $23.75 a quart it's not really a bargin. Anybody use this stuff?

[​IMG]

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Never heard of it, but its description does match that of POR

3. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

The new guys claim that there "Chassis Saver" will last ten years. I asked a POR15 sales guy how long they think there product will last, and he told me that it should last about six or seven years. I wonder if the new stuff would be better??

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

We have some stuff- not sure what it's called but when it stops raining I'll grab the name off the can, that John used on one of his dumpsters that had caught on fire. Its suppose to eat rust, stop rust, prevent rust etc.... they did it on a dumpster that should have been trashed, and it came back to life. YOu can't tell the thing was burned. It's been over a year now, and it's still not rusted again. The can had sat for a year after burning and the entire bottom and 1/2 the sides were rusted. I'm thinking of using it on my frame, but am afraid once it eats the rust, my frame will be gone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brandy