Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR 15 -> Update

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Sep 19, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Contacted the POR 15 dealer and had an excellent response. They shipped out some new product and appologized for the bad material. Said that the stuff started to cure in the container for whatever reason.

Tried the new lot and love it. The paint is much thinner and spreads nicely. Cured perfect, no problems at all.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Glad to see everything worked out for you. It's nice to know there's still a few good companies out there.

BTW, my truck saw the mud this weekend for the first time since the POR-15 was put on. It took a pretty good beating and it still looks great, no chips or cracks... not even any scratches! Too bad it's light sensitive, I'd paint my whole truck with it.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Yes, also glad to hear you got positive resaults. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it,I know I am.

4. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

POR15 has colors now that isn't light sensitive, check out their latest catalog! [​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>