Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR 15

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Oct 6, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Getting ready to do POR 15 underside of body before remounting fuel tank. Does anyone know what to use to dilute it for spraying. Directions say only POR 15 solvent, but didn't order any at the time. Wondering what chemical would do it and if anyone has experience with it?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

I have never used it but shawnboy was in the store today and he did his this week.I do not think he is online right now but maybe try and email him.He said the stuff is great.

chevrules...always has and always will

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

The directions say to use xylene and it works great. I used it when I did my new body panels before I painted them. Put por15 on before you spray on the primer and it protects against scratches and stone chips reaching bare metal. If you don't buy their primer you've gotta scuff the hell out of it to get the paint to stick but it's worth it. I've had stones hit the leading edge of my hood so hard they chipped the paint and left some good size dents but the por held up.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org

4. 73 K5 Blazer

73 K5 Blazer 1/2 ton status

POR is great stuff I did my frame and undercarige. I used the POR thiner and it turned out great. Make sure that you clean your gun ASAP you don not want this stuff drying because you will have to trash your gun.