Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

i am unfamiliar witht his POR-15 stuff. what exactly is it? does it stop rust PERMANENTLY? is it similar to Rust-Mort? thanx.

i liked this bumper sticker i saw, "real Americans DRIVE American"

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang

3. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

It's fantastic stuff. You can't use it as a finished paint where it will be exposed to the sun or it will discolour noticeably. Works great at preventing and stopping rust. Just don't get it on yourself because it doesn't remove like paint, you'll wear it for awhile. And wear old clothes or coveralls because it won't come off. Don't breath it in or you will hate life. Basicaally follow the instructions and you'll really like it.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Stuff is awsome. Make sure the surface is free from dirt and oil. Just wash the surface with their marine degreaser (I just use citrus degreaser that I already have), and Metal ready (Apparently not a "necessary" step but kinda primes the surface by etching it slightly, and removes some surface rust), and then POR15 it over. Stuff makes a real noticible difference. I painted some new bumpers that I got that was unfinished.. and I missed a spot or two... and rust started forming there almost immediately. While I havent mounted my bumpers yet, they are still rust free, and the discoloration people are talking about is that it turns a little white, like chauk. I've had mine in the yard for 6 months now!

5. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

sweet. i bet it is expensive though, huh?

6. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Its fairly expensive, but worth it. Buy it in the 6 pack of pint cans if your only gonna use it a little at a time. If you open up a gallon and don't seal it really well it will turn into a rock of POR overnight. The pint sized cans minimize waste. A buddy of mine did his whole engine compartment in POR and his block in POR engine enamel, it looks great.

7. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

i checked out that website. that stuff sounds awsome. i ordered the little kit that comes with gloves and brushes and all that prep crap and of course, the POR15. i also bought some putty to cover up the little holes. not only that, but i am putting in a rebuilt 350 after Christmas. i bought the engine repainting kit for $40 too. i just ordered it today. i am excited to see this stuff in action...

8. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

just ouit of curiosity, can you buy POR15 in another store? or is it only available through the net directly through "POR15"? thanx.

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

It is awsome stuff... my rig is undercoated in it. Basically a couple things... one is prep the surface well and etch it with the Metal Ready... Hit hard rust areas with Ortho or Petro. Jelly after you brush and cut the stuff. You want to still rid yourself of all the cancer you can. The POR puddy makes a great alternative to bondo. Doesn't shrink like bondo. Morks great if you follow the quality use of bondo rules [​IMG].

It isn't that expensive... also I seal mine in rubber maid container after I seal the can it it works well. If you leave it a copuple days you might have a little hard crust at the top but just poke through and more POR15 fun.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>