Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POR-15

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazer, Nov 6, 2000.

1. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Anyone used por15 paint? I'm blasting my frame next week and plan to use por15 covered with por15 chassis black for the frame, wells and engine compartment. Just wanted some opinions on durability, application and price(it aint cheap).

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I bought some Por-15 and used it on my Dana 60 and 14 bolt. I purchased 2 quarts of the semi-gloss black and put two heavy coats on both front and rear. I still have 1.5 quarts left. I am installing the axles this week so I can not speak of the durabillity. I did like the way it went on(brushed) and how it fills a lot of the imperfections in the metal. I would wear gloves if you plan on brushing it on. It will not come off after it dries to your skin. Even with it wet it is hard to remove unless you use carb cleaner.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Their website sound empresive but I have never used the product. Sounds like it should be durable as long as the application method used was proper.

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Too expensive for me. I've got a 75 Firebird and my Blaze that are rusted all to pot, so I do a lot of sanding and painting on that thing. I go to Wal-Mart and buy a gallon of Rustoleum semi-gloss black and brush it on the frame and core support, floorboards, anything that is rusted. Not a spot of rust has come back yet. A blast of water and mud and dirt comes right off too.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

5. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

It's nice stuff! I used it on my kid's play set(metal beam for swings) It has been exposed to all the elements forover a year now, and still look great! The beam had plenty of surface rust before painting. Be sure to follow the metal prep directions though. Good luck!

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Excellent product! Used on my blazer and a 57 buick. Very pleased, just follow insructions and don't get it on your skin. Buy some latex gloves and wear old cloths and you will be allright.