Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Porject Nova or Malibu...

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 22, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay, along with the rest of my vehicles I want, either a Nova, Malibu, or MAYBE a Chevelle. What ones are easier to find at lower prices. I don't want it to be built up with super nice paint or anything, but if it does for a low price its good. This is not a want add. I just want to know how hard they are to find where you guys live. I have NEVER seen one here. I really like the shape of their bodies /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, anything with "Chevelle" written on it automatically adds a few thousand regardless of it being an SS or not.
    If you want an A Body look for Mailbu, Cutlass, Skylarks etc.

Novas are cool, but there unibody, some people don't like that. You can usually get a driveable Nova for what a project Chevelle costs.

Kinda depends on what you want. You want a full frame car go with the A-body, you want a cheap muscle car get the X-body... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There are lots of Novas, Malibus and chevelles down here. Well i paid 8K for my Chevelle with nice paint, a nice inside and it runs good.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a friend with a '68 Chevelle Wagon that is his daily driver. He would let it go for $2,000 if someone offered cash.

5. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

is there a malibu that's NOT a chevelle? I know not all chevelles are malibus, but isn't malibu just like a certain option package, kinda like silverado, or cheyenne, etc..? anyway, for a project car to build up...I'd definitely go with a chevelle. I have a '72 malibu myself. they're hard to beat, and it's fairly easy/cheap to build up, as compared to novas, which you have to do a little more to so they'll hold up to the same power.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When the newer rwd body vame out in 78 (g body) there was no more Chevelle, just Malibu name. Prior to 78 Malibu was a trim level, kinda luxosporty. Look for a six cylinder car or a car with a 307. Those are cheaper and are great swap candidates. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

yeah, I guess I knew the later models were just malibus. I wasn't even thinkin about that, I just assumed he was talking about 60's and early 70's models. well, if you're in canada, and you're lookin for an A-body...why not look for a beaumont? they don't get much more rare than that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you sure as hell won't see many of them on the streets around here anyway.

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here in rust free california there are lots of early muscle cars still around.

I would go with a 67' chevelle.
    [​IMG]

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Id go with the 67 or 69 chevelle /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif