Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

porporsioning vavles? (SP?)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 26, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well im having to do all new brake lines on my s-10 and figured i would put new vavles in and all that. can u gettem from a parts store? or not...and how much they go for usually? thanx guys..

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ttt anyone??

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

When looking for a new proportioning valve for my K30, parts store cost was around $90, I dont know how much it is for an S10

There are other options when doind it to, you could run it split front and rear with no valve, or with one of those dialy prop. valves, but that has the risk of something or the other getting double broke and you losing brakes... I'm too lazy to look up specifics. Anyway, I twisted a lot of my hard lines apart when putting in my 60, and I got mostly junk parts from CK5 members (it's like a bloody shopping mall here) It's all together and nice, but I haven't finished the truck so who knows

Anyway my bet is expensive, look at parts stores

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow..for that tiny ass little thing eh? lol..well i heard they were hard to fine..i just have to brake the lines from the valve..but i hate to use a torch on that..being brake fliud and all..

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Stock part is called a combo valve as it does two things. There is the rear proportioning valve in it. It also has the shuttle pin switch to turn on the brake warning light if part of the system fails.

If you don't mind loosing the warning light switch you can use one of the dial adjustable valves from Summit or similar. I think they're btwn $40 and $60 each.

Using an adjustable p-valve will allow you to dial in the brake balance of a modified truck. The p-valve for the S-10 would be closer to correct than the one for a K5.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i guess it was just a T lol..i thought it was a valve..but i guess it wasnt..dad got under neath and wound up doing the hard lines to each side for me while i was at work.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but guess it wasnt a valve..i wasnt sure.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif so now i just gatta replace part of the line along the frame rail..and probobly new wheel cylinders in the back and itll be all new!