Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Porsche 924

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sunnyc123abc, Feb 26, 2006.

1. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

I know some of you guys own a porsche 924, or 944; and i was just wondering where u guys get parts online, and if there are any forums that you know about. thanks

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'll have to look for some of the old sites I use to go to.... And what are some of the sites I bought parts from..... What did you get?

3. sunnyc123abc

well its my dads, Its a 924. it has been sitting in the garage for about 10 years, and i want to fix it up and make it driveable.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Why was it parked? What year?

5. sunnyc123abc

Its a 79. A guy hit the rear driver side fender, damaging the tail light and denting the fender a bit. So as my dad did some body work, he stop driving it since there was no left tail light. Thats when he bought the blazer, which i am driving now. But i want to get the 924 running so i can get better mpg for distance drives, and incase my blazer breaks down, like it is right now, I will have a back up. Plus its just a good looking car that i wouldn't mind driveing.:D

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What the heck! Your dad parked a Porsche because of some body damage and ended up driving a Blazer?

Not that I wouldn't do the same thing but I'd still have the Porsche to drive, man there's something wrong with him.

-Avery

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

They are costly... Mine has been parked for 5 years now. Timing belt broke... I need a complete new top end for it. Valves are bent (normal when TB brakes).... May need pistons....