Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Portland guys- are 2wds worth anything up there?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by COCHEV, Feb 23, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

they are dirt cheep in my neck of the woods cause everyone here wants a 4x4. just looked at a 75 3/4 ton, newer motor and trannie, 2nd owner, 600 bucks nagotiable. the last 2wd i baught for 100 bucks, drove it home and sold the 14 bolt for 100 bucks and used the rest to convert another truck to auto. anyways was thinkin of picking this up and painting it and re-selling it, but 2wds don't sell well around here.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

newer motor? like how new? you could make some money on that thing.

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

not sure exactly. the ol guy that owns it baught it off this engine builder. sense then he says he's only put about 10k on it. the motor feels tight but only a compression test would tell.

was thinking a little detailing and a maco paint job and try to get 1500.

4. Silver84k5

[censored], if the paint is decent, then i wouldnt even waste time or money on paint, clean it up, make sure all the little inexpensive crap works lights, turn signals, wipers, radio.... Throw a Air freshner in there and pawn it off for 1500.....

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

it has ding in the lower part of the passanger door and the inside of the bed is hammered. some paint would help.

all the gages, lights and heater stuffs works as far as i could tell. was going to low ball him at 450 and see what he said. still would rather find a 4x. but 4x4s around here under a grand are hammered

6. Silver84k5

i think 4x4's anywhere under a grand will have some pretty hillarious things done to them.