Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Portland Swap Meet... anyone going?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 21, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Who's going and are you a vendor or just a buyer?

2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I'm going this year, but I am going to be a broke-a$$ looker. I'm looking mostly for Chevelle parts, little stuff, but maybe some Blazer/Burb stuff too. We'll see how much cash I can hide from my wife between now and then. Let me know where you are going to be and when. It'd be cool to meet you. Are you bringing down a bunch of stuff, or are you buying?
    T-roy

3. mrpoorboy

mrpoorboy Registered Member

i am going also. first time ever. i really need a 14 bolt sf 6 lug for my 86 blazer. wish me luck. see you guys there.

4. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

When?

Hmm, sounds interesting. My wife has been after me for a furniture trip down to Portland anyway. When/where in Portland?

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Allen my bro lives in Portland so if you go and need somthing let me know he's a cop too and he also has a welder:D

6. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Thanks!

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I think we're still planning on going.

8. mountainexplorer

April 1,2,3... Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

If I get at least 4 friends to go with me, we'll get a vendor spot at PIR and bring down a few things. I'm also waiting to sell some stuff and get money for the trip, since I spent all I had on a Cummins motor.

I believe theres a few people I'm meeting with down there for parts... 8-lug outer stuff.

Here's a list of stuff that some of my friends might bring down or want me to bring down:

14-bolt Full-Floater rear, 8-lug, 4.10 gears.

2 Holley 4 barrel carbs 600 and 625 cfm

(4) 36x12.50-16.5 Swampers

Dana 44 front housing with flattop knuckles and 6-lug small bearing outers

Dana 44 axles shafts

Round style TH400 to 205 adapter

Figure 8 style 465 to 205 adapter

TH350 to 208 adapter

700R4 to 208 adapter

Stainless steel full-length running boards for '73-'87 Dually regular cab

Misc. drivelines

465 version NP203 T-case and adapter

(4)16.5x9.75 8-lug Aluminum 5-slot mags

Straight '73-'80 Chevy truck hood

Late '60's... '68 or '69 I think... 396 BB parts

10-spline NP205 T-case

truck manual flywheels, 350 and SB400

Hydroboost brake booster and master cylinder and lines

(4)15x8 Aluminum 6-lug rims with 31" tires

fan blades

upper radiator mount brackets for '73-'80 tall and short radiators

6-lug rotors and hub assemblies (10-bolt or Dana 44)

Dually Dana 60 hub assemblies and rotors (for trade for SRW style)

If anyone has a need for older car stuff, give me a list. I know a guy up here who deals in alot of the older stuff, and I offered to take some stuff down for him to sell.

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd be interested in going in with you on a vendor spot... I've got way too much stuff laying around doing nothing :grin:

10. mountainexplorer

If you want in, you're in. :grin:

It's $100 for the 20x60 spot at PIR, and I'll be showing up early Thursday, March 31st. My plan is to leave Spokane on Wednesday night after work.

I'm going in the motorhome with the trailer, and I'll have it parked on the site with awning out and I can bring two fold out tables. They said we can camp on our spot. I'd like to get 4 people total or more to go in on the spot with, so it'll be down to $25 a person.

This is all assuming that it all works according to my latest plan.

11. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll be there-

My buddies and I go every year - Awesome awesome time every year.:thumb:

We got a booth last year - but not this year - too much like work!

Every year my manager complains 'cuz all of us engineer types leave for the day. :blush:

12. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Kenny , if you go down to sell let me know what stall I 'll stop in and visit !!I am thinking of going down ?

13. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I have to miss it thanks to work not letting me get the weekend off. Maybe this is some higher powers way of telling me I need to save my money and just finish the Camaro with what we got and fix the Pumpkins front end.

T-roy you will find tons of Chevelle stuff there its where I found a complete front clip for my 72 for $200. You will go nuts there trust me :p:

14. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Dude, what is the chance that you have a pair of drivelines for a 3/4 ton Suburban with a 205? I have no idea what length they would be. They should have the bid u-joint on both ends. If so, how much? Also, what is the price on the eight lug slots? I don't need them, but hey, who doesn't love slot mags?
    Do you think you would have room for a couple things from my place? I have a 69 Chevelle hood and some odds and ins. I might be interested in going in on your booth. $25 wouldn't be a bad deal. Let me know if you still have space.
    T-roy

15. mountainexplorer

So far, it's Kenny and I on the spot so far. I'm not counting on my friends from up here. So, if we can get one more for sure we'll be down to $25 for the spot. "Should" be room. It's a 20'x60'... I'll be taking up about half with the motorhome and trailer. We can set stuff on the trailer for display. If need be, I'll go $50, and you and Kenny can go $25 each. I just tore my Suburban apart, which is a 3/4 ton 4x4 and had a 465/205 in it. I'm putting and NV4500/205 in it eventually, so I suppose I could sell the drivelines. The rear is a really large diameter one... was kinda hoping to keep it and just shorten it... but who knows what I'm going to do.

16. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

That sounds cool. I can easily fill a pickup bed trailer with stuff. I have a tarp garage that I can bring (Maybe put on your trailer deck to keep stuff dry if... when it rains.) Do you want me to drop you some cash when you come down, or shoot you a M.O.? Either way is fine with me. Don't worry about the deivelines right now. The Burb is one of the things I'm going to try to sell (But if it doesn't, I'm not going to be heart broken.) Kenny... Are you planning on taking that Jeep home with you? Make sure that you bring a inventory with prices so that we can help each other sell, and still be able to wander around a little bit ourselves.
    Talk to you later, T-roy

17. mountainexplorer

My problem last year is I wanted to go look all weekend long. So I'm trying to find a friend to go with me from up here to leave stuck at the spot when I'm gone wandering around. :grin:

I'll get the spot Thursday and we can settle up later. Last year there was excellent weather... so it will probably rain this time.

18. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean. Its easy to get lost in the "Wouldn't it be cool". I will try to get Friday off entirely, but if not, I don't go to work until 2:00 and I'll be in early Sat to man the booth. What time are we allowed in to set up? Do you want me to bring the tarp garage? It would save time and effort having it set up before the rain hits. I also have a folding table that I'll bring. I have tomorrow off from work, so I will be organizing what to bring. I haven't been to the swap meet the last few years, but I'm exited to go this year. Give me a call at 360-882-9055 when you get in and we'll go from there. I assume that you have already done all the leg work and reserved the spot. Do you know what number it will be? All the CK-5 guys should drop in and say hey.
    Later
    T-roy

19. mountainexplorer

Setup is supposed to be all day Thursday, March 31st. I don't believe they let and vehicles in or out during swap meet hours on Fri-Sun... until after 5 or the swap meet closes for each day.

I have a couple tables. If you want, you can bring the portable cover. I'll have the awning out on the motorhome.

I talked with Sandy at the PIR swap meet. She told me to be there Thursday morning to get the spot, and that there would be extras available. I feel kinda weird not having and confirmed paperwork, but she said for sure there would be a spot for me (20x60). I'm not sure if theres a limitation on passes that we get with the spot though. I'll try and call her again. If you want, her number is (503)307-5420 (Sandy).

20. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Cool. I'll load my trailer and roll over on Thursday before work. What time are you planning on rolling down? If you want, I'll meet you down there. Do you have a cel phone? If so, PM me the number. I'll check the forcast wed on the cover. I'll have a couple tarps in the truck just in case. This is Washington... Is Kenny riding down with you? I haven't talked to him for a while. See you next weekend.