Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Portland Swap Meet

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Jan 1, 2006.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Who is up for another CK5 booth at the Portland Swap Meet this Spring? :D Had a great time last year and I think we all even made enough to cover the booth and most of the gas...

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on being there. I'll probably bring different friends with this year. And hopefully I'll be more prepared.

Do you want to be at PIR again? I think it's the most cost effective way to go. Theres more traffic at the Expo center, but spots cost more and are smaller. And last year we used all the room we had plus more at PIR. Should be the 1st weeekend in April... but wouldn't hurt to start reserving a spot soon.

I wanted to go to that 4x4 Swap Meet in Puyallup too. It's March 12th 9am-4pm Sunday. But I got the registry form and the dates just happen to fall on a weekend I will be gone on a trip. More info there is at www.moonshinersjeepclub.com or (253)537-3172.

3. kennyw

Allan, clean out your PM box... its full. Send T-Roy an email about the swap meet too, Tdbare9073 AT cs.com now is the time to preregister I think.

4. mountainexplorer

Are you going this year?

I'm debating on what I should do. The motorhome gets 5mpg and I'm not looking forward to a huge gas bill. But I am planning on being able to go down early a few days before the setup day this year, and not leaking out 20qts of oil on the way down and taking over 15 hours to get there. :crazy:

It also looks like you only get 2 vendor passes per spot and 1 vehicle pass, meaning last year we would have been way over the limit for our one spot.

I sent Troy an e-mail and I'll see what he's planning.

5. kennyw

I'm planning on going... but you need to remember the spot we had last year was actually 2 spots at $50 each. so we had 4 vendor passes and 2 vehicle passes... some how we had extra passes though...

Why not get a slide in camper in the bed of your Diesel pickup and pull a trailer down with that? Would be a lot easier on fuel that way.

6. mountainexplorer

I think we were playing pass-around-the-passes when any of us needed to leave or come back in. She may have given a couple extra too when we showed up. I think she did, but I can't remember how many we ended up with total. I do remember us having a larger space than most people and still using it all plus moving that barrel and making an extension- which didn't bother the guy next to us cause he was only camped there in an RV and not using his whole space.

The Diesel only gets 12mpg... if it was 16 it would be worth it, but depending on how many of us go I may just bring the motorhome so we can be spoiled and have the generator and TV and all that fancy stuff including my george foreman grille. I'd tow a pickup bed trailer behind it, and then when the other half of my group comes down they'd be driving my '81 Crew Cab with the flatbed trailer on Friday.

I have considered the Diesel and a camper though for the vehicle I drive down in early with. 12mpg is still alot better than 5. The Crew Cab will be 7-8 mpg regardless of what I take, and I'm making everyone else going down (whether its 2 or 4 others) in my Crew Cab split the fuel in it so I only have to pay for one vehicle's fuel.