Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POS ProComp tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by prjt_blzr, Jun 21, 2001.

1. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I don't know if this is an isolated issue or not. Six months ago I bought a set of ProComp ATs to run on my K30 as snow tires. (My BFG M/Ts slide too much) Anyway I wound up traveling a lot over the last six months. The truck has sat in the garage and has less than 1,000 miles on the tires. The @#$ tires are "weather checking" right next to the beads. This is absurd. I have a couple of BFG M/Ts that I use as spares that are 10 years old and they look better. The ProComps haven't even been aired down for trail use yet. Does anyone have this problem???

Thanks.

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't have em but that is not right. Actually I was talked out of buying them by a Tire Dealer.
    Hope you have your receipt - return them (probably for store cerdit/replacements). They may try to offer you another set of ProComps.

Dave

Don't Be Sexist - Broads Hate That

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Heck my Pro comps sat around for about 6 months and now have had them on the truck a month... no problems here yet.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

4. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately I bought them from 4WPW. It took these guys a month just to get the tires to me. I'm going to talk directly with the ProComp folks and see what happens. I'll post their response.

Thanks.

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

FYI 4WPW owns Pro-Comp. We bought a set of Mud tires about 6 months ago and have had no problems with them. Actually when we first bought them we got a slice in a tire and brought it back, they replaced it with no problem. Even when it was our fault. That was here in Sacramento though. They should take care of your tires, these are still fairly new tires and 4WPW is trying to give them a good rap, they want them to beat the BFG's. They are supposed to be rated better than BFG's. I would drive it down to your local 4WPW and see what they say. Or call them.

6. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Well, I just found out that 4WPW owns ProComp tires. The customer service guy claims that he is talking with the president and that they will get back to me. We'll see what happens. My past experience is not too good with these guys. The closest store is 1.5 hours away so I'm trying to do this over the phone. I'll keep everyone posted.