Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poser Pic on my way home from Baja 1000

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Nov 23, 2004.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Can't get more poser than this. Check the picture named "Baja1000" in my webshots. This was taken at a place called Bahia de Los Angeles on the way home from pitting in Guerrero Negro aprox, 500 miles south of the border. I hadn't planned on going in my truck but one of the other guys cancelled in the last minute and we needed another vehicle so I had to. I have to say that driving 1000 miles on small mountain roads with no swaybar and a welded rear diff. does not exactly give you that sportscar glued to the road feeling. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

still a cool pic man for sure...heer ya go
    [​IMG]

3. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

Nice rig. Where in Baja are you located?

4. bajaviking

I have a little place on the mexican side about halfway between Tijuana and Rosarito, I see you're from southern Cali so you might know Rosarito.

5. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

Yea I have been known to go to Rosarito or Ensenada a time or two I live in the Imperial Valley like 2 hours away. Where are the good spots to wheel over there?

6. bajaviking

If you like to play in the sand there is an area about 10 minutes south of Rosarito where you can play in the dunes, there is not much supervision inside the area itself but the cops like to hang out at the exit in the afternoon to catch the drunkdrivers so watch out for that. There are also some nice areas inbetween Tecate and Mexicali where you can cruise around on the desert roads or go up in the mountains and find old mines, the terrain there is a mix of rocks, sand, mud and a little water also, there is not many people that go there so it's pretty nice. If you want to camp there you can do so but if you are close to a ranch they like that you ask them if it's OK before you start setting up camp and starting the campfire. There is not much traffic there so don't go alone because if you break down it could be a long wait for somebody to come by. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

I am gonna have to look out for these places and for someone to go with. I am the only one of my friends who has a 4x4 so we usually go out to places where there are plenty of people just in case. I've done my share of pulling people out of places. Thanks

8. bajaviking

Next time we plan on going I will try to post it here, if somebody wants to join they are welcome. In our group we have Wranglers, Cherokees, Toyotas, Blazers and Broncos so there is room for everybody. We don't take things too serious, we are just out to have fun and the trails are usually not more than you can handle on 33's, a locker helps but we have guys with no lockers and they make it without too much help. When people break we have always managed to get them home so don't worry about that.

9. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

That sounds like a plan. Thanks