Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Posi for an '87

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dave, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Dave

Dave Registered Member

Posi for an \'87

What seems to be the best posi to install in an '87 K-5? It has a factory posi that can still spin both tires, but the case is cracked. This truck is stock all the way down to the 31's and is my dads daily driver. I have used Auburn in my old GN and my buddies 93 K-1500 without problems.

No $$ for upgrades to a 12 or 14 bolt :(

Dave Hiller
    90 K-5
    "The Anti-SUV"

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: Posi for an \'87

I have been running an Auburn posi for the past 3 years, very happy with it. Paid installed about $400 including a couple of bearings and seals.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I like my Eaton. Yes, they make the Gov-Lock, but thats not the one I'm talking about. Its a pretty new model with carbon fiber discs and stuff. Its rebuildable and has real nice manners on the street. I have a 12 bolt, but I would guess that they make one for your 10 bolt too. You can even have different sized springs installed in it to give you a more aggresive diff.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a Detroit Tru-Trac installed in my rear 10-bolt. It is an all gear design no clutches to wear out. It works very good off-road and also has very good street manners.