Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POSI/ LOCKER

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XHitman396, Jul 19, 2002.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

im thinkin about puttin in some lockers/posi in the 87, but not sure, i got 2 10 bolts that will run 33's, but don't want a locker out back because its a daily driver, except them air lockers but from what i hear they cost a pretty penny, so what is a good posi for out back, are they reliable, durable, easy to install. and up front i rekn a quick lok or true trac will do the trick, anything i should know about these brands? but if im in 2wd goin down the street, the locker in front wouldn't have any effect on tire wear or breakage or anything like that until 4wd is engaged right? thanks in advance.

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

locker is not a problem in the front if the hubs arent engaged...you will be fine...

a good posi unit in the back is an auburn gear posi...my cousin has one in his ifs 90 pickup and it does pretty good...handles all his abuse as well

Later

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

For 10 bolts and 33" tires I would just go with Power trax lockers
    Less than the price of an ARB you can put the No-Slip posi in the back and The lockrite in the front. They are easy to install. you dont even have to pull out the carrier on 10 bolts.
    I'm running lockrites on the rear on my daly driver/trail rig and like them. They work real well.
    More Info:powertrax.com