Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Posi of choice?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Oct 15, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So if you could do it all over again... what posi would you go with? I'm gonna do something with my 14FF/D60...
    Pretty sure i'm gonna go with a detroit in the rear.
    But i might want to take it up to the snow. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    For the front, can you go with 35 spline inners for the D60?/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I'm thinking ARB, or maybe just detroit for the D60 front. I do want to be able to turn in the sand and on trails though so maybe a limited slip or ARB for the front? How bout that Ox locker?
    By the time your done with all the stuff associated with an ARB your at the price of a cable actuated locker for the front? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm pretty sure that the D60 is 35 spline already on the Chevys. I like a full locker, but I want to be able to turn also, so I went with the ARB. The Ox was in the running until I found out that they cost like $1500. Way less than an ARB and a compressor for it.</font color>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I have a Detriot in my 14 bolt and I will never have anything else.

I say get a selectable locker for the front.In my 44 I have an Auburn.Im not happy with it.I want 100% lock even with 1 tire off the ground and it dont git it.It will be going bye bye as soon as that Detroit limited slip/elecetric locker comes out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Evan-
    Now that you mention it...
    Thats right the carrier and inners are 35 spline. duhh.

Thanks for the input frizzlefry...
    I'm leaning toward an ARB, i saw the moab video of you having to get out and unlock one hub so you could steer on some parts. I'd go with the detriot but not sure i want to be getting out to lock/unlock hubs when i want to steer and go straight.

My dad's jeep has a locker in the front and it can't turn very good at all because of it.

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I wasnt unlocking them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was tryin stuff in 2wd,not makin it,and then gettin out and locking them .I dont have any steering issues with the Auburn.

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I just bought a Lock-Right for the 60 today... spent $290 to my door. I will definately let you know how it behaves offroad... I've got a trip planned in two weeks with the Midwest K5 Thing crowd.

And like everyone else... you can't beat a Detroit in the 14BFF with a stick. It just locks, and doesnt ask questions. End of story!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan