Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Position of shifter on 208, what is what?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 16, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Can anyone help me figure out what positions are what "gears" on the 208 or 241? Maybe taking pictures of it in 4 lo, that would be very helpful. I replaced the 241 in my Burb with my 208 and now its jammed in 4 hi, can't tell if its the shift linkage or what but I know the shifter isn't right since inside the cab it is in 4lo but its in 4 hi.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

2hi
    4hi
    N
    4lo

On the case it works backwards though because the linkage pivots, so you have to push it all the way forward for 4 low, and all the way back for 2 hi.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm trying to figure if the shifter mecahnism inside is messed up. I can't see how it would go any farther without completely binding up so here I am asking. I'm actually quite lucky its stuck how it is, it snowed today out of nowhere and the roads were bad, so 4 hi was the just ticket.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That shifter linkage is so stupid compard to the 205. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just work it a little bit, it'll come out of 4 hi. You might have to do some minor adjustment to make it work correctly.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I still need to adjust mine, but I can answer this one. When the shifter is forward for 2 hi, the rod underneath goes towards rear of truck. When shifter is in rear for 4 lo, rod underneath goes towards front of truck. So basically the pattern on the transfercase if it is disconnected goes from rearmost 2hi, 4hi, N, 4lo. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif